1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cadillac Caught Testing “Compact” EV Prototype
GM-Trucks.com

August 3, 2022

We just got the world’s first look at Cadillac’s new entry-level, compact EV testing in early prototype form.

This new prototype looks like a downsized version of Cadillac’s Lyriq EV, with key details consistent with Cadillac prototypes. The prototype’s length, wheelbase, and width are all smaller than the Lyriq, but the new EV appears to be a bit longer than Cadillac’s XT4.

Prototype Details Consistent With Cadillac EVs
The prototype showcases vertically-oriented placeholder lighting in the front-fascia, and dual-level placeholder lighting on the rear—both on the rear-fascia, and running up the prototype’s D-pillar. Very similar lighting was applied to the initial prototypes for the Lyriq, suggesting that Cadillac’s EV-specific lighting design will be applied in some form to this new, small EV offering.

At the rear, we see a thin, vertical third brake light at the top of the backlight—a unique design detail shared with the Lyriq. That brake light is topped by a strange “winglet” but that may be a temporary detail which may give way to the more traditional roof-mounted spoiler atop the rear hatch. Only time, and more prototype sightings will tell us what’s in store for that design detail, as testing progresses.

·
Registered
21,389 Posts
Can't wait to see it. Hopefully the new design language fits on a smaller vehicle as well as the XT4's. I think the XT4 is really nice looking - one of the best in the segment.

Speaking of best in segment - but unrelated to Cadillac, this morning I walked by a BMW 750i, when did they turn into a plain Jane vehicle? It's as bland as any 1980's Japanese car.

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
I recall on a couple of the production forecast files, that first listed the "Compact EV @ Orion, MI Plant" was listed as a Cadillac, I have no way to confirm if that was real or an error, but that was at a time that the Volt and ELR were out, and everyone was clamoring that the reason the ELR failed was the Volt came first, so it kind of makes sense.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
I know it has been said a kajillion times now, but the "IQ' 💩 is really dumb......Especially when it comes to the Escalade IQ and IQL.....TF'iq........
You don't like numbers. You don't like names. What do you like?
He didn't say that; he said that he didn't like DUMB names.

Can't help but wonder, but how long until..... We are talking about Cadilliq?

·
Registered
22,388 Posts
Looks like it's going to be about the same size as the upcoming Equinox EV
Buick and GMC versions not far behind, I hope?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts