GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Well this is encouraging -- GM is not likely to have a car like the Beat in this photo here up on the big screen if they plan to release a car that is only a mild (and disappointing) makeover of the current Matiz.

On the other hand, at least in video games, GM has been guilty in the past of bloating their offerings with concept cars that never were, or that differed substantially with what came later...

Remember the supercharged Sunfire GXP in Gran Turismo 4? 2 out of the 5 (measly) Pontiac Cars in GT4 were concepts: Pontiac Solstice (Hardtop) Coupe Concept 2002, Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept 2002.

Let's hope this Beat is not just for show. I think it looks wicked, even if it ends up sporting a very miserly and somewhat weak engine. An economy car that doesn't LOOK like a penalty box for poor people. And maybe some guys will get the idea to tune it anyway if it looks like this.

·
Premium Member
34,351 Posts
GM needs to pull foward the launch of these little vehicles for North America. Especially Cobalt. They did it with the GMT900's, they can do it with these too

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Is the Beat the new Lordstown car? Weren't they supposed to get a Gamma anyway?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
That little Beat is just awesome ... need it NOW! In fact, given the massive shift from the larger vehicles, perhaps GM should revisit its original 3 microcar concepts and bring them all to market.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
that is a half second behind the other pic with both twins in it. You can even see the other micro in there behind the Camaro!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
OMG!!!
WTF happened to the front of the Camaro?????
:barf:
:blink:
:->>

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Well this is encouraging -- GM is not likely to have a car like the Beat in this photo here up on the big screen if they plan to release a car that is only a mild (and disappointing) makeover of the current Matiz.

Do you remember the movie with Sylvester Stalone called Demolition Man? That (bad) movie was set in the future and had all GM concept cars.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
OMG!!!
WTF happened to the front of the Camaro?????
:barf:
:blink:
:->>
Yeah, I'm not liking this either. Hope this change won't make production, it's pretty hideous.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Yeah, I'm not liking this either. Hope this change won't make production, it's pretty hideous.
Yes, because Michael Bay and ILM are now styling GM's cars. hehehe Sarcasm aside, I doubt this a GM sanctioned product change. It was done simply for the movie.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes, because Michael Bay and ILM are now styling GM's cars. hehehe Sarcasm aside, I doubt this a GM sanctioned product change. It was done simply for the movie.
I like it better. I think it looks more aggressive and like a performance vehicle. The Camaro concept does not look soft by any means, but this one is angry looking with some of the same simplicity of the concept.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It was already beaten with an ugly stick, its just now the bruises are showing up.
I don't know... but, Skank Boy... I think you're the only one that found that funny...

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Does anyone else doubt the authenticity of this photo like I do? It just looks faked to me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts