GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
The rear was the worst part of the concept. I looks like they're addressing that.
thank you i thought i was the only one who felt that way. I thought the entire rear ruined the car totally. These look much better i just wish they would get rid of the center exhaust

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I dont see how you can tell anything fromthese pics, it looks like there may be more of a trunk lid to it now but thats all, IMO i loved the concepts look

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
The rear was the worst part of the concept. I looks like they're addressing that.
How? What can you see in these photos that leads you to say this? All I see is a slightly larger exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
thank you i thought i was the only one who felt that way. I thought the entire rear ruined the car totally. These look much better i just wish they would get rid of the center exhaust
I read somewhere that the center exhaust will not make it into production. As for the rear, I found that most of the shots were taken at way too low of an angle, which makes the rear too big.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that center exhaust is a cool idea, but it really doesnt look good at all. but i agree, that back end does look a lot better. i'm excited to see it without the covering.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
it is truly a great looking car.. i think when it comes out it will be the best looking coupe.. and one of GM's best looking cars ever.

oo they kept the center pipes.. nice

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
There will be in V form with the 6.2 liter V8 supercharged, that will be available from the get go according to the head of Caddy. I am glad the door handles are being left off, makes the car look smooth.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/leftlane-sits-down-with-jim-taylor-general-manager-of-cadillac.html
Well i've could guess ther will be V series..i meant to say there won't be any v8 below V series.As i see it this car will have 2 engine below V model..3.6 V6 with 260 and 300+ HP. I think it needs more.Audi S5 ( i assume this is the competition or maybe 6 series) got one v8 now and will probably get even more powerfull engine in RS5..Bmw 6..well we know they've got new v8 coming soon.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Well i've could guess ther will be V series..i meant to say there won't be any v8 below V series.As i see it this car will have 2 engine below V model..3.6 V6 with 260 and 300+ HP. I think it needs more.Audi S5 ( i assume this is the competition or maybe 6 series) got one v8 now and will probably get even more powerfull engine in RS5..Bmw 6..well we know they've got new v8 coming soon.
Most companies are looking to smaller engines, the only V8 in the works at BMW is a twin tubro 4.4 liter V8 to go into the 5 series and 7 series, that is why the AMG arm of Mercedes Benz is lookign at perfomance diesels, hybrids and such, and why the Audi A4 got a more powerful 2 liter turbo engine and why the M5 and M6 are reportedly getting twin turbos for their V10

·
Registered
913 Posts
Most companies are looking to smaller engines, the only V8 in the works at BMW is a twin tubro 4.4 liter V8 to go into the 5 series and 7 series, that is why the AMG arm of Mercedes Benz is lookign at perfomance diesels, hybrids and such, and why the Audi A4 got a more powerful 2 liter turbo engine and why the M5 and M6 are reportedly getting twin turbos for their V10
Actually BMW v8 TT goes in X6 and i wouldn't be suprised if it ends up in 6 series..Mercedes AMG can look at the smaller engine because they already have exellent V8, v12 engines in their cars.Cadillac doesn't have such thing. Audi A5 will have two v8 engine in their lineup. It doesn't means that cadillac needs v8 between top V model and 3.6 DI .Yes it would be nice, but turbocharged V6 could probably help. And according to rumors it can happen in future. But i think it would be god to give buyers one option more between 300 hp and 550 hp

1 - 20 of 54 Posts