GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I'm hoping for something much better looking that then current 6 and much more aggressively styled. The artist rendition looks quite good, let's see how close to that it is. The front is much better than existing BMWs.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I like the artists' version, and I'll probably like it more than the actual car. I didn't read the article at all, but the headlights on the covered car, are clearly lower than the drawing. I wanted to love the 6-series...but I just couldn't. Something about it seemed to bloated to me when it came out. I wanted a tighter look and slightly smaller.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
ARtist's rendition looks to be adapting a bit of the 7-series.
I really like the current 6-series. I hope they don't mess it up.
Same here, though given the design direction they (BMW) have taken with the upcoming 7 series, I don't think things will get too bad.....

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
my sister owns a 2008 6-series, its really comfortable inside.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Where is everybody seeing the artist's rendition? I'm just seeing spy shots...

I definately hope for something a bit more sporty this time around, however, so far the whole thing is looking a little more sedate, as compared to lets say the CS concept. The top is looking really nice, definately one of the smoothest cloth tops that I have ever seen. I do sort of wonder if they are not going to do (what I can best describe as) the midgate window / the rear window that stows between the seatbacks and the trunk.

Unless BMW decides to put lights on the trunk lid, it looks like we are going to be seeing the same triangular tail lights as are on the current model, the Headlights are really hard to make out, however, it almost looks like they are going to be able to take on a much more CS-like shape (look at the angle of the hood at the front). I also like the fact that the kidney grilles are going to be more elongated, the new rendition of the 7-seres has grilles that are the right length, be the wrong height, so they look really goofy. The height of the rear bumper makes me wonder if we will be seeing "integrated" tailpipes, there just appears to be missing cladding at the bottom of the front and rear bumper.

So far, this looks a little more lean compared to the current model, which has a bit of a porky feeling to it. I can't wait to see what the Hard Top is going to look like. (as well as the un-camoed version of this)

-Chase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts