GM Inside News Forum banner

Spied: 2010 Jag XJ interior

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Bravada 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Maybe this is not an actual production interior. I figure the new XJ will have the pop up shifter like the XF and similar navigation system, so maybe this is testing how these things will work out with the XJ. So later on they will come up with an XJ interior and implement the shifter since it is a new Jaguar trademark thing, and other Jaguar things such as the retractable vents.

#6 ·
Kinda grainy. Disappointing from what is visible.

#8 ·
The center console looks really pinched. I mean look at it - either the floor console is really high or the dashboard is really low!

#9 ·
Both the XJ's exterior and interior need significant updating. I rode as a passenger in a friend's XJ-I like my friend a lot, so I'll forgive her for buying such a mediocre but expensive car-and it was so horribly underwhelming. Some designs work well through the ages; the Porsche 911's design really hasn't been changed significantly, but it always seems to work so well. The XJ, both from and interior and exterior perspective, just don't seem to work anymore.

Almost any design-including the one above-will be better than what the storied XJ has had to suffer with for the past decade or so.

#10 ·
So much for ergonomics. Those sit-and-spin, dial-a-gear knobs are silly, and a definite step backward in design. Even Jag's "J-gate" shifter would be better. Sorry to see this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.