GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Re: new Camaro SS hi-po version spied outside testing facilities!

You beat me to the punch lost8found I posted a thread about this in the Chevrolet discussion category but I guess you posted yours first. Anyway the Mule pictured looks awesome i can't wait to see more pictures of the SS and kudos to Camaro5 for bringing on the spy shots this week

·
Registered
2,763 Posts

Very cool. Too bad there were not more pics showing what the back looks like. The car needs a spoiler of some kind to cap off that big rear end.

·
Registered
9,292 Posts

I don't like the tacky stripes but the reporting of a whistling sound has me highly intrigued. Can you say LS9 with slightly less factory boost!! Or at the very least and LSA with a slightly smaller SC.

·
Registered
348 Posts

I don't like the tacky stripes but the reporting of a whistling sound has me highly intrigued. Can you say LS9 with slightly less factory boost!! Or at the very least and LSA with a slightly smaller SC.
Actually, can you say LS-8, which is the replacement for the LS-7 and the intermediary engine between the surreal LS-9 and the LS-3.

Z06 power in a Camaro. Wow. Hope they don't detune it...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Saweet go Camaro.
My guess at the engine options will be this-
3.6 V6 DI (Hopefully) 300HP-Base
6.2 LS3 400hp-Z28
6.2 LSA 550hp-SS-CTS-V engine

However, if GM is extremely stupid and uses the normal 3.6 it will probably be this
3.6 V6 265hp-Base
5.3 V8 350hp-Z28

·
Registered
2,732 Posts

Saweet go Camaro.
My guess at the engine options will be this-
3.6 V6 DI (Hopefully) 300HP-Base
6.2 LS3 400hp-Z28

However, if GM is extremely stupid and uses the normal 3.6 it will probably be this
3.6 V6 265hp-Base
5.3 V8 350hp-Z28
That all looks really expensive. I miss the days of big basic V8s and live rear axles.

·
Registered
7,419 Posts

That all looks really expensive. I miss the days of big basic V8s and live rear axles.
Aren't Mustangs still available?

Me want this car bad. Child seat access be damned.

5,934 Posts

For some reason I can't see the larger pics. Can someone pull them over for me? I'm running in Opera, but have the same problem in Explorer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Re: SPIED: 2010 Camaro SS?

is the hood scoop on the camaro going to be functional?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts

WOW. This week has been like Christmas, for Camaro lovers!!

Awesome ride.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts

ls3=ss, and detuned lsa (500hp) for a zl-1 if chevy wants to go gt-500 hunting.
Any engine above a ls3 would put it out of reach of the market its intended for, as the people that would be in the market would be challenger srt8 and people searching for a very equipped mustang gt.
One thing also is that any engine above a 3.6liter, for a base model would put the price in the 22-24k range (24k being a entry point for the mustang gt). The normal 3.6 would price 18-21k the intended price range for the market.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.