GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
:clap:

Very nice. I see a lot of the Invicta in it.
If this looks as good as I think it will, I may end up being the youngest Buick driver in a decade.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Holy bejesus the back door of that car is MASSIVE!!! Its gunna be tough to close the back doors of that car while sitting in it.
This car is most deff. bigger then the Insigna.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
That car looks absolutely huge. It also doesn't look all that FWD with a front overhang that short (or maybe I'm just used to the massive W-Body overhang).

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Any guess what show we will see more info on the car?

I only hope it becomes as much of a hit as the Enclave, Malibu and CTS.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
This car looks bigger. I think here is our long wheel base Epsilon 2.

Insignia does not look nearly as big as this car.

Maybe Im wrong. In those spy shots the car looks REALLY big. Overall length as long as the current W body Lax, but much more interior space, which is great.

Ill also add that if those are 18 inch wheels..them be some big brakes!! This car looks really top notch. With its interior design being by far the best looking set ups this side of Caddy, this car should be the one that takes Buick back into the luxury fight.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
However, it’s not known if the production car will be named LaCrosse or Invicta, which is Latin for “invincible” — a name used by Buick decades ago.
I really hope they don't call it LaCrosse again. The only name worse than that is Lucerne, which sounds like a dairy product. Call it Invicta, that would really be classy. Heck, call it Regal, Electra, or even Century--as long as it doesn't start with "L" and end in stupid, I don't care.

Normally I think throwing away brand awareness is foolish. Chevy should keep calling their compact car the Cobalt. Pontiac should have kept the Grand Prix, Grand Am, Bonneville names, Lincoln would have been much better with Zephyrs than with MKZs, etc. But the LaCrosse is a one trick pony without much cache.

Also, I don't think it's that long. The Malibu already has a lot of rear legroom compared to what it used to be, so this should be similar. However, the effect is only due to the lens and camera angle. notice how the rear wheel is stretched in that one image as well. To get a better idea, look at the seam at the base of the door. The rear door sill is still much shorter than the front door's. I expect a wheelbase like the Malibu/Aura/G6. If GM plans a Lucerne and Impala successor, perhaps that can be stretched further still.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
From what I understand, this is the big one. I dont know how much further it can go, but we are working on finding out that info for you guys and gals.

·
Registered
450 Posts
A Decline In Sales For Buick Hmmm!! Kill Buick Here In The Us Use The Funds For Cadillac,pontiac,chevy. We Already Have A Luxury Icon Is Called Cadillac And Gm Can Pump More Money Into Cadillac And Make A Affordable Version Smillar To Bls And Sell Between $27,000-36,000 And Make Better Chevy's And Pontiac. Gm Should Give Buick To China Since Buick Seems To Do Better Over There. There Only The Few That Would By Buick Than The Masses That Would Buy Affordable Cadillac. Gm Is Wasting Their Time And Money On The Buick Line That Will Not Sell Like Before. Kill Kill Kill Buick. Buick Must Die Or Gm Will Die.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
BigAl...Could you clarify what you just said about this being the big one?
From my understanding there are 2 wheel base set ups, just like last gen. The 2nd wheel base will be for a coupe or smaller midsized sedan for Europe or abroad.
This is a bigger one. EP1 LWB is 113 inch wheel base, which is about 1 inch shy of Zeta IIRC.
Id expect EP2 LWB to be about that big, give or take an inch, but wider and higher cowl, which so far has been the case for the Insigna and Invicta/LaX.
EP2 SWB will be 106-109 inch in wheel base, and make a coupe or smaller sedan. This was the supposed platform for 9-3, but I guess Delta II turned out to be a better fit for Saab? Dunno.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Huge points from me for actually keeping a concept interior 99% intact. Looks gorgeous. See people, this is what GM can do...they just need to do it more often, this is fantastic looking.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Hmm... front and rear fog lamps on a Buick?

·
Registered
667 Posts
1. I am really, really, really looking forward to this car.

2. I hope they name it Invicta.

3. I fervently hope it is an absolute smash hit with critics and buyers alike.

Long live Buick!

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
From my understanding there are 2 wheel base set ups, just like last gen. The 2nd wheel base will be for a coupe or smaller midsized sedan for Europe or abroad.
This is a bigger one. EP1 LWB is 113 inch wheel base, which is about 1 inch shy of Zeta IIRC.
Id expect EP2 LWB to be about that big, give or take an inch, but wider and higher cowl, which so far has been the case for the Insigna and Invicta/LaX.
EP2 SWB will be 106-109 inch in wheel base, and make a coupe or smaller sedan. This was the supposed platform for 9-3, but I guess Delta II turned out to be a better fit for Saab? Dunno.
As long as the front wheelbase isn't longer than the rear, like on the G6, then they will look okay.

The G6 has an awkward appearance because of it's long wheelbase.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Wow, I want that Buick!

This thing is reminding me a lot of the LS460. Huge wheelbase, integrated exhaust, massive back seat. Just wish the interior was more tasteful. Funky designs should be left to Cadillac. Buick needs to be pure, traditional luxury. Just like Lexus.

And I think this car really is long. The proportions kind of hide it but the Invicta show car had something like a 115 in wheelbase.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Sweet i bet we might see the lacrosse invicta or whatever it'll be called at either NAIAS or Chicago Auto show. And I hope buick does not call it the lacrosse again or anything that starts with the letter L for that matter because it has always come out sounding stupid. And i actually talked with a gentleman who is working on the Lacrosses interior a while back and he has told me that the interior will look better than ever

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Why is Buick not getting a RWD Park Avenue to compliment this?
Because... uhhh... Buick dealers... don't want a big, RWD car.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts