GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the folks at Motor Authority; Obviously not official, but still very stylish.

SOURCE: Motor Authority

Preview: 2010 Saab 9-5
Posted on Tuesday 29 July 2008

The Saab 9-5 is long overdue for an overhaul, with the current model first hitting streets as far back as 1997. A totally redesigned model was rumoured to make an appearance at March’s Geneva Motor Show but its release has since been pushed back to early next year, although it will still precede production versions of the 9-4X and the new 9-1 based on the 9X BioHybrid Concept.

This latest rendering of the new 9-5 shows that designers will be sticking with the avant-garde styling of the original Aero X concept car, and will likely keep the protruding nose, large vents and sculpted bodywork. The car will also sport a sleek coupe-like profile and hatchback rear end.
MORE HERE

What do you all think?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Looks good acutally!

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Very good!

I wonder if it's accurate?

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
looks good indeed! Much better than the Lone Ranger look they have going now.

Too bad this is still two years away. IF the brand lasts that long.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Yes we have seen this. Most insiders say it does look a lot like this, but the stance is a different, but better. And the headlights are a little different.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yes we have seen this. Most insiders say it does look a lot like this, but the stance is a different, but better. And the headlights are a little different.
didnt you start a thread about this a few months ago.

anyway all that picture is an 08 9-3 lower air intake and 9-x lights and grille photoshopped together.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yeah, I wish.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yuk, its got the "high beltline styling" quirk...ruined the 5th gen Camer with that crap.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Maybe they have something take ridiculously long to come to market then wow us with greatness. On second thought probably not. E100 compatible and turbos through out, bring us some diesels too that run on biodiesel 90 cents a gallon.:cool:
And no black tie radios too.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, Welburn must be getting the designers to bust their behinds on the next Saabs, because this looks awesome. (and I don't think I've ever said that about any other Saab except the Aero-X concept.) If this is what future Saabs will look like, I think I might have to eye the brand a little more in the future...(Oh! This isn't that boring one at the end of the list!)

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Saab is not an irrelevant brand that needs to be dumped, but I'll tell yah, this kinda thing...

...The Saab 9-5 is long overdue for an overhaul, with the current model first hitting streets as far back as 1997...
is how GM is absolutely pissing away all the equity contained within its brands.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts