GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if we'll see a surprise reveal of the 6th gen Camaro at the Chicago show press preview this Thursday, but we should be seeing undisguised pre-production cars very soon - like next month.

A source states that pre-production starts at Lansing in March.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Considering they showed the 5th Gen 4 years before it went on sale maybe they show the 6th 4 months before.

Well, they better reveal it soon. Prototype parts are already on ebay. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just hope that they keep it at at least the same size, or even larger (albeit lighter), than the current, outgoing model, and not shrink it, where it would appear insignificant, and like a peanut, compared with the outgoing, Zeta-based model. I know that it's on the new Alpha chassis, and sources said that it will be based on the longer-wheelbase variant, which the Cadillac CTS is based on. The Mustang kept the same wheelbase and length as the previous-generation model, though a bit lower, especially in the tail end, resulting in more elegant and even muscular proportions. If the Camaro lowers in the back end, that would be welcomed, and the mules to appear to give it more of a fastback appearance compared to the outgoing model.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
63Bonneville, are you a Pony Car customer? Have you owned a lot of Camaros and Mustangs through the years? Just wondering.

I'm hoping that they finally give the Camaro third row seating and a bed that can hold a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
I don't know if we'll see a surprise reveal of the 6th gen Camaro at the Chicago show press preview this Thursday, but we should be seeing undisguised pre-production cars very soon - like next month.

A source states that pre-production starts at Lansing in March.
I would think that it will be shown at Chicago. With pre-production starting so soon, and after the major surprise in Detroit with the Avenir last month, we should expect anything at anytime.

With how good GM has gotten over the last few years keeping it's projects under tight wraps - The CIA could take a few lessons.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would think that it will be shown at Chicago. With pre-production starting so soon, and after the major surprise in Detroit with the Avenir last month, we should expect anything at anytime.

With how good GM has gotten over the last few years keeping it's projects under tight wraps - The CIA could take a few lessons.
Well, I don't know. I'll tell you what's strange though. I emailed the GM PR person assigned to the show, about any possible news on a Camaro reveal last week. I haven't gotten a response yet. Usually, I'd expect to get a generic, "We have no further information" or something. But I've gotten no response at all.

We'll know tomorrow, one way or the other.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts