GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
36,517 Posts
Lol, 8-tracks aren't coming back in my lifetime. Vinyl I get, tapes and 8-track make no sense anymore.

Not on this planet,. Bose has no where near the breadth, revenue, or level of tech Sony has. Bose just is better at marketing on the low end.
Sony, and technology is not what I think. If they have the technology, where is it ? There might be something I am missing. Sony is pretty much gone beyond the Old walkmans and boom boxes of yore.

Now you have Bose and Apple for example when it comes to ear ponds, Google doesn’t even list them above $200.00

·
Super Moderator
22,343 Posts
Lol, 8-tracks aren't coming back in my lifetime. Vinyl I get, tapes and 8-track make no sense anymore.

Not on this planet,. Bose has no where near the breadth, revenue, or level of tech Sony has. Bose just is better at marketing on the low end.
Come on - they break, sound like crap and are bulky - what more could you want? :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
22,343 Posts
The Bose 'Magic Carpet' Car Suspension System Is Finally Headed For Production (thedrive.com)

You guys reminded me of this. Apparently didn't come to fruition as I don't recall hearing about any company using this tech touted in this article from 2018.

Interestingly enough, this article from 2016 says why it never made it to production Why Bose’s Electromagnetic Car Suspension System Never Made it to Market - In Compliance Magazine

Not sure what the disconnect is in the timeline of these two articles.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Sony, and technology is not what I think. If they have the technology, where is it ? There might be something I am missing. Sony is pretty much gone beyond the Old walkmans and boom boxes of yore.

Now you have Bose and Apple for example when it comes to ear ponds, Google doesn’t even list them above $200.00
Lol, ear pods are for people who don't like music. Sony has these on sale right now, normally $1k: Premium Hi-Res Headphones |Sony US

Which you could play on your HiRes Player (still branded as a Walkman) for $3700:

PS5, TV's, Projectors, Cameras, Cell Phones, etc...Heck, they even made a robot dog years ago. This year they patented a spacial audio technology. It's not them, its you. Cheers! 😛

21 - 24 of 24 Posts