GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
22,692 Posts
I think Sony, just like Apple, are nuts if they truly want to enter the car market. But, probably good for both Honda and Sony to team up with Sony supplying aspects where it makes sense.

The article's touting Sony's expertise with the walkman made me wonder if this new vehicle will have a cassette tape. I can see the headlines - "Honda teams with Sony to bring back the cassette!" Generation X cheers as they can again use their ancient cassettes :ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
22,692 Posts
I think a major motivating reason behind the Sony collaboration is to minimize any blowback Honda would receive from the very protective Japanese regulators over the increasingly close relationship with GM.
Let’s not forget that Honda and GM are also partnering up on ICE models as well.
I’m sure that many alarms were going off in Japan hearing a foreign company sharing parts and platforms with a venerable manufacturer like Honda.
Excellent point - MB better not take any trips to Japan where they can detain her on some BS.

· Super Moderator
22,692 Posts
Bummer, no cassettes ;) but I miss the CD though. .... And yes I would buy a Honda, but/and the one I'm looking over is the new HR-V. :)
I want my crappy sounding, prone to breaking cassettes back! :ROFLMAO:

I threw mine out years ago, I can't get my wife to get rid of hers....I bet she hasn't touched one in 25 years!

· Super Moderator
22,692 Posts
Lol, 8-tracks aren't coming back in my lifetime. Vinyl I get, tapes and 8-track make no sense anymore.

Not on this planet,. Bose has no where near the breadth, revenue, or level of tech Sony has. Bose just is better at marketing on the low end.
Come on - they break, sound like crap and are bulky - what more could you want? :ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
22,692 Posts
The Bose 'Magic Carpet' Car Suspension System Is Finally Headed For Production (thedrive.com)

You guys reminded me of this. Apparently didn't come to fruition as I don't recall hearing about any company using this tech touted in this article from 2018.

Interestingly enough, this article from 2016 says why it never made it to production Why Bose’s Electromagnetic Car Suspension System Never Made it to Market - In Compliance Magazine

Not sure what the disconnect is in the timeline of these two articles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.