GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had a post early about my dyno numbers and how i wanted to buy a ram air good. well i did and here it is!

the hood is pontiac style with the 2 scoops like on all there cars. my dad and his friend said my car almost looks like a mini gto. i hope to get it painted soon and put on the car. also is it a real ram air hood. the scoops duck out over my intake.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Sweet hood! Paint it up and when you put it on your car, post some pics!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cant wait to get it on the car. def will post pics when its on the car i cant wait to see it and feel the extra hp its going to get from the it haha.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
very nice. glad to see you got a functional hood and not waste the money on a fake.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think that'll look pretty good. I like how it fits with the Pontiac image.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
today was my day off so i had time to put the hood on the car and fit it. it fits pretty good. the body shops going to have to look at a few things but nothing big. I hope to have it painted this week. heres a few pics of it on the car

·
Registered
464 Posts
Do you think it would give you about... 5 horsepower? Like on the old Grand Am?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not sure what it would do. the car did 166whp how it sits now so i dont see why this wouldint move it to about 170whp. the intake is alot louder and once the car gets moveing it goes very good.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Wow, it's functional, impressive! Looks good too. I hate the flush grille on the Pontiacs from a few years ago though, is there a recessed one for that?

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Is the hood steel?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, it's functional, impressive! Looks good too. I hate the flush grille on the Pontiacs from a few years ago though, is there a recessed one for that?
not that i no of. i think theres something out there for the G6 but not the G5. ill keep my eyes out for anything new for the grill. yup the scoops are real. the intake has gotten louder with the hood.

Is the hood steel?
no the hood is fiberglass.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
looks cool. glad to hear youre painting it and not leaving it a different color like that (or worse, carbon fiber). i hate that, looks really cheesy

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha no its geting painted. i want it to look stock. the car looks like it came from pontiac like this.

the scoops are just right. there not big and over done. there little and go with the car really well.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
the scoops are just right. there not big and over done. there little and go with the car really well.
Exactly. They do look like the Pontiac scoops. :yup: That's whats so nice about them. That and they actually work. :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I hate to say it, but the hood makes the headlights look over sized.

That aside, it is a great choice. Hopefully the matching paint will help the lights match up better (my fingers are crossed for you!).

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I hate to say it, but the hood makes the headlights look over sized.

That aside, it is a great choice. Hopefully the matching paint will help the lights match up better (my fingers are crossed for you!).
I didn't notice that, until you mentioned it, but ya. I wonder if some colour matched vinyl over the tops of the lights would look good, like those eyelids. It shouldn't affect light output. Who's good with the photoshop? I'm not. :(

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
The scoops match up perfectly with the grilles! I like that... can't wait to see it painted. Very happy that it's functional too. I also agree that finding a way to change the grilles would really finish off your car... it's really the only sore point about the G5 if you ask me. Very nice job man!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts