GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I'm looking for a relatively fuel efficient replacement. The Si was nice, but it required premium, and I just need a fun to drive car that's going to get me there and not cost me my first born child at the pump.

1.) Cobalt
2.) Lancer
3.) Mazda3
4.) Civic (non-Si)
5.) Astra

Those are what I'm thinking. I just am not sure. The Mazda3 is easily the best build of the group, but gah...too tough of a decision.
Have you driven the Astra yet? Give it a shot, I'm interested in your opinion.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I feel for ya, man. It might be worth it to see what it would cost to fix the rental without claiming it to save on a rate increase.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Go with the Mazda if you don't like the Astra. I'm not exactly sold on the Astra interior, but that's just me. The Mazda is truly the best deal out there IMO!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That's pretty terrible. Hopefully those *****s get what they deserve. And hopefully not make you think any worse of Somalians.

Shame about your Civic though. For some reason I think it fits your personality.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
it sounds like you are in the same boat my friend was in with her aucra CL. everything was going wrong with that car. it was geting really bad and really unsafe so we took it to carmax and she bought a G6. she loves new car and its not had one proplem out of the car your are looking at

this is the order i would go in
Cobalt SS 2.4/G5 GT
Mazda 3
astra
lancer

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That's pretty terrible. Hopefully those *****s get what they deserve. And hopefully not make you think any worse of Somalians.

Shame about your Civic though. For some reason I think it fits your personality.
Haha, I hope that's a good thing. Truthfully, the Si is really a fantastic car: it drives very well, has high quality feel to it, and is very good looking, in my opinion. However, the problems I've had with mine are unacceptable for any new vehicle domestic or foreign. The car fits me to a T, I agree, but as much as it hurts my ego, I can't hang on to it just because of it's sex appeal.

I was upset at first, and still am, but I know not to generalize a whole group of people based on the bad apples: people do that to *** people all the time, and when they finally meet a "cool" *** person, they realize how wrong they really were.

Thanks for the kind words :).

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I really love the Astra, but I'm annoyed that it doesn't have a jack for my MP3 player or a sunroof on the three-door. The center stack also kind of bugs me, but I think the car, as a whole is beautiful.

The Mazda3 really won me over when I test drove it. It has a very high quality feel to it, and is almost as much fun to drive as the Si.

The Cobalt and G5...I don't think I'll look too much into. They are close to a redesign, and I'd rather take a Mazda3 close to a redesign first: some auto writers have asked how Mazda could possibly improve upon the Mazda3 from what it is at right now." That must be a good sign.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Gotta love them "superior" hondas.....NEVER in the shop!

I guess your honda problems are just "karma" for posting in a GM
forum and rubbing our noses it it!

Rental car insurance is a good thing !

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Gotta love them "superior" hondas.....NEVER in the shop!

I guess your honda problems are just "karma" for posting in a GM
forum and rubbing our noses it it!

Rental car insurance is a good thing !
He's never been a prick about owning a Honda. He doesn't deserve his problems (nor does anyone who has car problems).

BTW I own a Honda and a Toyota (I didn't like GM's choices in 2003 when I bought an Accord, and the Enclave was too expensive and - um - not a minivan when I bought a Sienna in late 2007. But I consider myself to be a pretty good member here too.

Rental car insurance is such a ripoff...you pay basically double the daily rate for the damage waiver. His rental car is (I assume) covered by his Honda's warranty, so he's supposed to pay for rental car insurance? I wouldn't either if I were him. In fact, I've never bought rental car insurance. A claim is a claim, and (were it not for his garage being inaccessible) it could have just as easily happened in his Civic.

"Karma"...you sounded like a prick with that comment to kick a guy when he's having a bad time.:mad:

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
^^I have to agree, I would never wish car problems on anyone. I know I would have a nervous break down if I experienced the same crap Minnesota has. We own an Accord also, it was troublesome for half its life but at least it was largely problem free for the first 6 years/55k miles.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
I have to ask, why could you not just park the rental in the underground parking space and leave a big note on the winshield with your number if there was a problem, thats whay I would do, rather than leave a rental outside in little Beirut.

Leave a note on the dash in big letters...

THIS IS A RENTAL CAR
I AM JOE BLOW IN UNIT 123
IF THERE IS A PROBLEM CALL ME

1-800-MIX ALOT

Done, at least thats what I have done when I have had a similar problem, I assume that you still had key card access to the parking lot?

Just wondering...

They would not have done that to a rental that belonged to Paul Kearsy....

BANG!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts