GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took some pics of my '89 IROC-Z the other day. I ordered this car new. It's an LB9, (big cam), T5, G92, N10 dual cats, decal delete hardtop with 11k miles.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sweet. Your driveway looks like a third-gen convention!

P.S. You really don't need that white one anymore. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet. Your driveway looks like a third-gen convention!

P.S. You really don't need that white one anymore. :D
I don't know if you been following the TGO thread on it, but I've been driving the white one alot more, and am considering a T5 swap. We'll see......

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Nice, I've been thinking of picking up a 3rd gen and holding it, they are really undervalued, but they will eventually pick up.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I've been thinking of picking up a 3rd gen and holding it, they are really undervalued, but they will eventually pick up.
I think that now is a good time to buy a mint 3rd gen. The really nice, low miles ones are beginning to creep up in price.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Post some pics of the 82/83 white one that is getting no love... I always thought those cars looked better... Understated.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
The 3rd generation Camaro has a special place in my heart , and this car is impeccable in every way. I often find it interesting how far ahead the 3rd generation Camaros were as far as aerodynamics were concerned.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
LB9/T5 G92 is how I'd have done it. As I've matured, I would have also gone DX3. However, my inner youth pangs for the decals... and t-tops.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
LB9/T5 G92 is how I'd have done it. As I've matured, I would have also gone DX3. However, my inner youth pangs for the decals... and t-tops.
I am quite fond of L98 / auto cars but of course I am quite a big cube junkie.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Post some pics of the 82/83 white one that is getting no love... I always thought those cars looked better... Understated.
Out of the three, the '83 Crossfire is the roughest. It just turned 100,000 miles, it's got door dings, needs new window sweeps, carpet, headliner, etc, - essentially, a driver. But out of all of them, THAT'S the one that makes people stop in the middle of the street and give me a thumbs up. Go figure.

I'll find some more pics of it for you. :D

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Out of the three, the '83 Crossfire is the roughest. It just turned 100,000K miles, it's got door dings, needs new window sweeps, carpet, headliner, etc, - essentially, a driver. But out of all of them, THAT'S the one that makes people stop in the middle of the street and give me a thumbs up. Go figure.

I'll find some more pics of it for you. :D
Made me pick it out of the background! My 83 is very long in the tooth too... (how is your dash pad holding up?) and I still get thumbs up on it as well...

Though mines a hard top. My 442 has T-tops.... I can see why this option went the way of the dodo bird.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Made me pick it out of the background! My 83 is very long in the tooth too... (how is your dash pad holding up?) and I still get thumbs up on it as well...

Though mines a hard top. My 442 has T-tops.... I can see why this option went the way of the dodo bird.
Well.....let's see some pics of your '83 :D. Maybe some of the 442, as well. The dash pad is not bad. It has a couple of small cracks in it. As you know, it's virtually impossible to find mint replacement '82/'83 dash pads.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I used to have an 87 IROC Players challenger car (A7U?) 3.45 5 speed 215HP, no power options, no tilt, no rear defrost. Very fun car. Yours looks great!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts