1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
This looks like an ad post.

·
Super Moderator
20,999 Posts
Basically unique interior components not shared with any other GM vehicle, Lyriq doesn't have a frunk because GM packaged things that would normally go in the rear of an EV under the hood to create more storage space in the rear hatch area, seat controls are on the door instead of the side of the seat, and it has the merlettes from the original Cadillac crest etched on the door panels.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
Basically unique interior components not shared with any other GM vehicle, Lyriq doesn't have a frunk because GM packaged things that would normally go in the rear of an EV under the hood to create more storage space in the rear hatch area, seat controls are on the door instead of the side of the seat, and it has the merlettes from the original Cadillac crest etched on the door panels.
I had noticed the seat controls on the door. Good for GM to make more unique trim pieces for Cadillac!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good pick up. I like the piano black smooth haptic buttons on the steering wheel. Just small raised rectangular nubs to help with finger positioning. Likely design and parts will carry through to other new models or older when refreshed. I'm curious about the door closure. I wonder if opens similar to Mustang Mach-E, by touch and then a presenter opening the door. Maybe the Lyriq uses the same parts as other Cadillacs to open the doors. In that case likely has soft close doors as well.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I had noticed the seat controls on the door. Good for GM to make more unique trim pieces for Cadillac!
I have seat controls on the door of my CT6. This is something that I have never understood. People are ok with manufacturers using similar parts that the buyer can't see. But not ok with parts that the buyer can see like buttons, door handles,, or steering wheel. Just to mention a few.

This just shows me how lazy people are, if the parts that you see bother you then why doesn't the A/C controller behind the dash bother you? That's just one example.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Good pick up. I like the piano black smooth haptic buttons on the steering wheel. Just small raised rectangular nubs to help with finger positioning. Likely design and parts will carry through to other new models or older when refreshed. I'm curious about the door closure. I wonder if opens similar to Mustang Mach-E, by touch and then a presenter opening the door. Maybe the Lyriq uses the same parts as other Cadillacs to open the doors. In that case likely has soft close doors as well.
I hope Cadillac gets to the point where you never have to touch your key fob anymore or unlock/start your car with the app, and no push to start button. I would like to see you walk up to your car the doors unlock, you sit down in the seat and a camera verifies you via facial recognition, then the car starts and you drive away.

I want to get to the point where the car knows who it's owner is.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,044 Posts
I hope Cadillac gets to the point where you never have to touch your key fob anymore or unlock/start your car with the app, and no push to start button. I would like to see you walk up to your car the doors unlock, you sit down in the seat and a camera verifies you via facial recognition, then the car starts and you drive away.

I want to get to the point where the car knows who it's owner is.
Hey, at least it would be a lot harder to steal that way. :rolleyes: But like everything else the unscrupulous will surely find a way to hack or override it.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I have seat controls on the door of my CT6. This is something that I have never understood. People are ok with manufacturers using similar parts that the buyer can't see. But not ok with parts that the buyer can see like buttons, door handles,, or steering wheel. Just to mention a few.

This just shows me how lazy people are, if the parts that you see bother you then why doesn't the A/C controller behind the dash bother you? That's just one example.
Then why didn't you just buy a cheap Sonic or Bolt? If you want all the parts to look the same, then no need for different brands. Problem solved.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Then why didn't you just buy a cheap Sonic or Bolt? If you want all the parts to look the same, then no need for different brands. Problem solved.
Well first of all the Bolt is not as big of a car as the CT6. I don't get upset when a Bolt and a CT6 share a steering wheel or a switch for the seats.

People do how ever and I don't understand why

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, at least it would be a lot harder to steal that way. :rolleyes: But like everything else the unscrupulous will surely find a way to hack or override it.

I think a number buyers are little put off by too new a technology. For example on the Bolt and Volt the gear shift has PRNDL. What the heck is "L". There is no transmission or gears. It's the regenerative braking mode. So you drive down the E-way at 75 in L. I little jarring if the car actually had a low gear.

An electric car has no aural or visual cues that the car has started. Its's one of reasons the Lyriq will put on light show went you walk up to it. Likewise, there will be sound and lights when the start button is pushed. It's not because it is needed, but because just like your dog, it's happy to see you. It's reassuring and comforting. I know it sounds silly but people get attached to their cars.

·
Registered
44,254 Posts
So the merlettes have escaped and started "zigging?"
LOL
#CateraJoke

·
Banned
660 Posts
I think a number buyers are little put off by too new a technology. For example on the Bolt and Volt the gear shift has PRNDL. What the heck is "L". There is no transmission or gears. It's the regenerative braking mode. So you drive down the E-way at 75 in L. I little jarring if the car actually had a low gear.

An electric car has no aural or visual cues that the car has started. Its's one of reasons the Lyriq will put on light show went you walk up to it. Likewise, there will be sound and lights when the start button is pushed. It's not because it is needed, but because just like your dog, it's happy to see you. It's reassuring and comforting. I know it sounds silly but people get attached to their cars.
I can understand your concern about this, but flipping threw the owners manual will clear things like that up.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts