GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
VW have cheat software again? 🤣 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:devilish: Hmmm. It's like the guys you see on COPS, they just can't stop themselves, they're wired that way. Or possibly drugged that way.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
That's always been true of any form of propulsion of course but it doesn't explain away why some of the vehicles came very close to the WLTP test in real life and others were 30% off.
I noticed all fall short of the WLTP, none exceed it.

I wonder if the results have something to do with how well the batteries are insulated from temperature fluctuations.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
I noticed all fall short of the WLTP, none exceed it.

I wonder if the results have something to do with how well the batteries are insulated from temperature fluctuations.
It would be interesting to know the answer. There shouldn’t be that sizable of a difference between different vehicles. It would make more sense if all of them fell short by 10-12% instead of being all over the map.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Reactions: eklauss

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
It would be interesting to know the answer. There shouldn’t be that sizable of a difference between different vehicles. It would make more sense if all of them fell short by 10-12% instead of being all over the map.
Well, maybe some people make up :poop: more than others. It's how we roll!! 🛴=🚘

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
It'd

It'd be interesting to see what the real world ranges would be when its 0 degs Fahrenheit out, like it often is here in winter....Can't imagine what they would be when its -30.
I'd think Norway will have good statistics as they seam to be snapping up electrics and you can't get much farther north!

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
Yes - exactly where I was going with my thought. I assume they are all using more or less the same battery tech/chemistry. I can't think of anything else that will create a large drain.

Or, how WLTP numbers are arrived at by some manufacturers are a crock.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
So, does Tesla corporate send out some urgent text blast to the cult to trash this study, or do they just naturally comply because their devotion is so deeply ingrained?

·
Premium Member
34,827 Posts
So, does Tesla corporate send out some urgent text blast to the cult to trash this study, or do they just naturally comply because their devotion is so deeply ingrained?
It depends on what Space X is up to on any particular day, or the boring company

21 - 29 of 29 Posts