GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
With gas ever increasing, GM is just hedging their bets in case folks suddenly return to buying sedans. At least they'll have one to sell unlike Ford and Stellantis.

LIke anyone else, I don't want to pay a ton for gasoline. But I have to admit, the thought of possibly pushing some people back into cars is kind of nice. But of course, they're not going to switch from big SUVs and trucks into a Malibu. They'll buy fuel-efficient CUVs. Crazy how these anonymous transport pods have taken over the world.

They shouldn't have quit making the excellent Malibu hybrid.

Reactions: Ed753 and gkr778

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
They need to keep the Malibu, I find it hard to believe that a major vehicle manufacturer would not have least 2-3 cars in their line-up, bare minimum a smaller/compact model and a midsize to larger model. See Civic/Accord, Corolla/Camry etc. The SUV craze will not last forever, especially if gas prices keep going up.

Great as the Impala was, I don't think there's the demand to justify it.

But Chevy should keep building a Malibu and should also have a compact Cruze-size car. People still buy this sort of car, not in the numbers that they used to, but still significant.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,977 Posts
They shouldn't have quit making the excellent Malibu hybrid.
+1
As a result of cancelling both Malibu Hybrid and Voltec in general, GM is now left without a competitor to RAV4 Hybrid, RAV4 Prime, CR-V Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Escape PHEV, and Tucson Hybrid - all of which are in high demand currently.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
+1
As a result of cancelling both Malibu Hybrid and Voltec in general, GM is now left without a competitor to RAV4 Hybrid, RAV4 Prime, CR-V Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Escape PHEV, and Tucson Hybrid - all of which are in high demand currently.
gm will have one soon. Everyone just has to wait 3 more years. 😉

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Yes people still buy sedans....but not from GM

21 - 26 of 26 Posts