·
Super Moderator
10,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some Ford Dealers Will Launch Dedicated Bronco Showrooms
BY BRAD ANDERSON
APRIL 12, 2021
carscoops.com

Demand for the new Ford Bronco and Bronco Sport is so strong that dozens of Ford dealers across the United States will establish standalone Bronco showrooms.

According to Auto News, dealers have been so enthused with the reception to the new Bronco family that they proposed the idea of dedicated showrooms to boost the nameplate’s presence. Ford is said to have given the tick of approval for upwards of 100 dealerships to create bespoke Bronco showrooms.

Preliminary renderings show what these showrooms could look like. They will feature a square footprint and a modern exterior design with large Bronco logos and wooden design elements. Each showroom will include a prominent display area featuring up to three Bronco models while there could also be a customer lounge/café, small sales rooms, and an area dedicated to accessories.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I give those dealers credit for taking the risk, but it honestly seems that with such a good product in the mix, it will definitely pay off.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Interesting... I'm not opposed to it, but I'd think Lincoln will be better served by a stand alone showroom (Cadillac too) vs. the Bronco.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Interesting... I'm not opposed to it, but I'd think Lincoln will be better served by a stand alone showroom (Cadillac too) vs. the Bronco.
Unless Ford is planning to expand the Bronco line much more in the future, this seems counter-productive to me. Wouldn't it be better to expose the Bronco customers to the rest of Ford's lineup while they are at the dealer?

Now, it's quite possible that Ford is planning to flesh out the Bronco lineup in the future to take on some mix of Jeep and GMC. If that is the plan, this makes total sense (but still feels premature).

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Lincoln will never get stand alone dealerships...there is simply just not enough product there to justify a standalone dealership.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Unless Ford is planning to expand the Bronco line much more in the future, this seems counter-productive to me. Wouldn't it be better to expose the Bronco customers to the rest of Ford's lineup while they are at the dealer?

Now, it's quite possible that Ford is planning to flesh out the Bronco lineup in the future to take on some mix of Jeep and GMC. If that is the plan, this makes total sense (but still feels premature).
My thought went to the Wrangler and that it does NOT have its own showroom. But good point, they could be planning on making a new brand. Though even with that, I still think Lincoln should get the stand alone showrooms.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could see them expanding the bronco lineup. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a full size bronco in the works.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't get it, seen my first one yesterday in person, a Sport, IMO they are unattractive.
Kudos to ford for creating confusion by releasing two completely different Broncos at the same time…I’ve had to explain to several ppl that there is the escape/fwd based “sport” and then the real bronco which is entirely different from the sport. Ford did an amazing job on the bronco and I don’t get why they muddied the water by releasing the sport nearly simultaneously.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Good luck to them, but completely not needed. I could see a section of the dealership dedicated to it, along with a Bronco parts/accessorries showroom. That would be alright. But they need more product for a standalone.

SideNote: On our way up to our cabin, along a major interstate is an abandoned Hummer Dealership, had the test track and everything. Its sat vacant ever since Hummer was discontinued......food for thought.

Well there are already standalone's show rooms for Lincoln, have one about 10 mins from my house. I almost swung by there to look at a Navigator I was interested in yesterday, lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think it would smarter to combine Bronco and Mustang into a single showroom, show off the performance products, especially since Mustang is branching off into the EV CUV realm.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I think it would smarter to combine Bronco and Mustang into a single showroom, show off the performance products, especially since Mustang is branching off into the EV CUV realm.
That's actually not a bad idea, those are Ford's image cars, they kinda deserve it, I'll also add that they can include the Raptor as well. Only drawback is where do you draw the line w/ the special treatment, should you treat V6 base mustangs just as you treat a Bronco/Raptor/GT500/GT or do you banish the peasants back to the main side of the dealership?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts