GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
YEEEEEEEE-OWWZZZA!

RX-8 eat your not as much oil burning rotary heart out!

Ghrank

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
put a blown ecotec in there with 270hp, and I would be glad to put my money down on that car. The rear of the car slopes real nice too. I like the regular solstice rims though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
pretty nice...how about a closed door shot? i'd like to see what you did with side windows. i still wish they'd produce the coupe version they showed as a concept a few years back...i always thought it looked better than the roadster.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
That is definitely your best concept ever!! How did you do it, its based off the solstice with RX-8 edits right?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The doors and interior are from the RX-8. The roof and other stuff is pure Rex.

No closed door shots. Sorry. This one took long enough.

·
Registered
372 Posts
wow, you even got the reflection of the pontiac emblem from the side of the car on the open door. Rex, I salute you. :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ZiggyKD@Feb 14 2004, 09:40 PM
wow, you even got the reflection of the pontiac emblem from the side of the car on the open door. Rex, I salute you. :beer:
The difference is in the details...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
wow, I'm stunned at your result!!

I'm amazed that no one saw the firebird in this!!
it has this written ALL OVER IT, wich is GOOD!!! the exact same proportions, but a little wider, wich don't show from this angle.
a truly MASTERPICE!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Other then the arrowhead, I dont see an ounce of firebird in this.

That roof line is just sexy rex. And to think I was worried after the Caddy mini van. I love the look of a long nose, short deck sports car. This has some flare that the RX8 doesnt have. This looks soooo streamlined. Man, Id love to sit on one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Feb 15 2004, 07:14 AM
if this car was wider and with a v8, THEN you would see a firebird in it? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89+Feb 15 2004, 08:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (johnd89 @ Feb 15 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Feb 15 2004, 07:14 AM
if this car was wider and with a v8, THEN you would see a firebird in it? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
sort of. I wouldnt wana see quad coupe firebird. Stylisticly, there is no firebird in it, even with a V8. If it did come with a V8, Id still like for it to be called solstice. Something about that name just rocks.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts