GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what exactly as changed...I know that the tailpipe was moved from the center to the passenger side much to my dissaproval. But what also was changed?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Concept:

Production:

I believe the concept and the now production ready Solstice are some mirror differences. First one would be the shape of the headlights, and the implementation of the foglights and turns signals. On the rear, as you mention the tail pipe has been moved. The Backup lights have now red reflectors to meet street regulation (I guess).

On the interior wise, of course the concept will would have some more generalations of what could be go into production. However, the look for the most part the same.

Concept:

Production:

Now as for the overall shape, to me it looks basically the same. Mind you I havn't seen the concept up close, same goes for the production model.

·
Registered
43,877 Posts
It really doesn't look at all that different, does it?? It's about 85% the same. Witha few minor detail changes.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Well, the back fog lamps are smaller and half red
Pontiac dart has been moved above the grille
The production has a back-up light above the Po9ntiac logo
The interior is different
The front lights are toned down a bit

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I'm impressed by how similar they were able to keep the production to the concept. I'm still bewildered by the production interior-- it looks so very nice. If quality is up to par, I hope this is a benchmark for other GM interiors. It is awesome for a car that starts just below 20 grand.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Yes, It is great that the Solstice is soooo close to the concept, and to think some site were saying it wasn't enough like the concept.. :wacko:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the Solstice is amazingly close to the concept version. I you tooka quick glance at it, you'd be hard pressed to be able to pinpoint the differences. Although, upon closer inspection, the differences are noticable, but not too much. They did an excellent job bringing it to life and keeping it true to the concept's beautiful shape. And the interior looks awesome!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I wonder if they will bring the two-tone interior, I hope! But this still in pre-production form, then agian most pre-productions don't change on production ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is that a window handle I see in the production version.

I would hope it has automatic window openers :)
For $20,000 you better, EVERYTHING IS AUTOMATIC KNOW, doors, cars, tvs, and etc

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by babershah@Jan 24 2004, 04:42 PM
Is that a window handle I see in the production version.

I would hope it has automatic window openers :)
For $20,000 you better, EVERYTHING IS AUTOMATIC KNOW, doors, cars, tvs, and etc
I know it has a manual top...

I think I see power window controls on the armrest on the door though

·
Registered
41 Posts
The only thing I miss from the concept is the center verticle exhaust. That was sexy. But good job GM on keeping it so close to the concept. These things should sell like crazy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I heard that the car had been lengthened a little to conform with crash test standards and the door handles had been changed.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Lutz wanted a stripped down roadster and thats where the solstice came from. Soemthing with manual windows, locks, and top. Something very basic but very fun to drive. I hear base will start at 17k.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by jsb57@Feb 5 2004, 10:45 PM
i remember loving the concept hard top coupe....i'm assuming that's just not happening now?
If I recall, Pontiac will have the 'vert. Kappa, with one division in the US getting a 2 seater coupe, and a 3rd will get a 2+2 coupe... plus other versions in Europe.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I 2nd what Nikivee says,first everyone wants it cheap,then they go around a load it down with a whole bunch of sissy options and the what do U have???....A car priced outta the range that it was supposed 2 B in. And a whole bunoch of people crying that it's overpriced and that's becasue of the very same people bitched and moaned about it not having all the sissy items on the car 2 begin with....Burn some calories and roll down the window, get ur fat self outta the car and push down the top. And 4 god sake learn how 2 drive a manual transmission equppied car. They're not as scary as Mommy,Daddy and the news said.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Feb 8 2004, 08:26 PM
I 2nd what Nikivee says,first everyone wants it cheap,then they go around a load it down with a whole bunch of sissy options and the what do U have???....A car priced outta the range that it was supposed 2 B in. And a whole bunoch of people crying that it's overpriced and that's becasue of the very same people bitched and moaned about it not having all the sissy items on the car 2 begin with....Burn some calories and roll down the window, get ur fat self outta the car and push down the top. And 4 god sake learn how 2 drive a manual transmission equppied car. They're not as scary as Mommy,Daddy and the news said.
:woot2: That's what I've been saying all along!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! Now if more people will start thinking this way we'll be in good shape.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by nikivee@Feb 9 2004, 12:49 AM
I order for GM to sell the Solstice at a price of $20k some of the standard features of other cars had to be eliminated. No power winodws, no power top, no cruise control. A basic sports car. I don't see anything wrong with eliminating those non essential options.
i agree. and if someone wants those options im shure there will be an upleval model comming out above the base one

1 - 20 of 31 Posts