GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say, the rear end doesn't look nearly as bad (IMO) has it does in the pcs. I HATED its tailend in pics, but looks pretty decent actually.

And, I gotta agree with a couple other people - holy crap is this thing TALL! You dont get the feel for how large/tall it truly is in the pics. But its definately a nice looking car, and a very nice interior. I really like the wood piece that shoots across the dash. Oh, and the trunk is HUGE!

Very nice, but have yet to drive in.

I'll give it a thumb and a half up. Very nice interior, nice exterior, definately impressed. But I'm not sure how it drives.

As for the Challenger... I also dropped by Dodge of Bellevue, and they happened to have two. Well, kinda... once was being cleaned up while the people awaited delivery (HOLY H***! $22K markup!!!! o_O) while the other was apparently sold - well, so said the sticker in the window, but the sales person said no it wasn't and let me climb all over it and in it. It, too, is a big car. Doesn't feel nearly as big as the Charger, but still is just a big car. The trunk in this wasn't lined very well, but it was respectably roomy.

The interior quality was so-so. Definately very dark. Love the seats, but that's about it. Good looking vehicle for sure.

This also gets a thumb and a half up... good looking outside, so-so inside, though the seats are very nice. Surely it drives nicely, though apparently rather questionably around the corners?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
GM has got to forget Harley Earl's rule of "Lower, Wider, Longer," and make some taller sedans, particularly if they're going to slope the rear of the roof like everyone is these days. A formal notchback sedan would be so unusual, it might even sell.

One of our idiot customers said he'd bought 3 Challengers several weeks ago, thinking he could resell them at a profit. We shall see.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
I can't wait to see the MKS up close, I really like the entire design. The interior has a little too much silver plastic for me though.

As for the Challenger, I was really impressed with the details like the front fascia and taillights. The rest of it is crap and the interior looks stupid in a retro car.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
I forget that only my state makes dealers close on Sunday. Makes ****in' around on a car lot much more pleasant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you know what guys - i own a NISSAN PATHFINDER and beleive me ma - it is a beuty , it has got somem of those black interior with leather finish and featuers of full auto functioning with 4 wheel drive and never ending sports gera up acceleratorr.
You see , GTO is not bad but try patthfinder sometimes.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
^ huh?

I could care less about the Lincoln, but I would like to look at the Challenger. From a few of the pics I've seen on it, it looks like a Caliber interior. It seems Dodge is puting 1 general interior into all their products.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Strictly about the Challenger here. I saw this while sitting in the dentist waiting room today. I had the opportunity to sit in a new Challenger R/T and MKS at Delphi where I work, back in June. I have to say I was impressed with the MKS. I still think GM outclasses it with the CTS but the MKS did have alot of nice features and looked great in black and chrome trim. The Challenger was a R/T and I really liked it but thought the interior was very 300C like. The steering wheel at least could have been changed. I don't know if it was a cost savings measure or what but that interior was nothing like the retro one shown on the show car. Anyhow, here is the Car and Driver article. Sorry if it is a repost. Many good pics though.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._vs_2008_ford_mustang_bullitt_comparison_test

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
you know what guys - i own a NISSAN PATHFINDER and beleive me ma - it is a beuty , it has got somem of those black interior with leather finish and featuers of full auto functioning with 4 wheel drive and never ending sports gera up acceleratorr.
You see , GTO is not bad but try patthfinder sometimes.
I rented one once; it was basically OK. Nothing special.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
I love the way the MKS looks inside and out. To me it's the first true Lincoln in years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts