GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, I was about three blocks from my house heading down to the main road. I'm coming around a bend, and I see this strange, familiar face of a car making a U-Turn. It took me all but about .5 of a second to realize its an Alfa Romeo Spyder! No plates except a Detroit plate in its back window.

Normally I obey the speed limit in this area (its a big neighborhood and has 3 schools within a two block area), and today was no different - until I spotted that. Gunned it and caught up with it. We turned onto the main road and I slowly pass by him. Sorry, I don't have any cameras with me - and my phone camera doesn't work. :'( I sooooo wanted a pic. So all I could do was big the guy a "Sweet!" nod. Well, at the stoplight we came upto, he was losted and trying to get to Seatac Airport (he was WAAAAAAY off lol)

I tell him he needs to go straight (if he went thru the light he was gettin onto 520, a freeway) and when he comes to I-405, he needed to go S. He had no idea how to get there and asked if he could follow.

Of course. :D so we cruise for about 5 minutes. I woulda gone all the way to the airport, but I had some things to do :'(

None the less, that baby looks SWEEEEEEEET in person and up-close, especially the nose! I've never liked previous Alfa nose jobs, but this looks great!!!

I was pretty excited. Testing the car out here in Seattle area? :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
That car's awesome.
Didnt think they'd have on down in the states yet,
but they are planning a comback down the road 2010-2012ish.
I read the car is a bit on the heavy side, and seeing the pics it does seem to have a fairly long front overhang.
But i'd so rock that car.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Alfa Romeo has been planning a return to the U.S. in pretty much every year since 2000. I've given up holding my breath.

Awesome car though. Wouldn't expect to see one here.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, latest they've said is 2010-2012 is what I've heard too, but I also know they've been sayin it for a loooooong time. None the less, I was so excited to see it. It had a Detroit plate its rear window (top was up)

Pics dont do the car justice. At ALL. lol

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yip ,the Brera is a beauty. As is its Spyder version.

In Person > > > > > > > > > Pics :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Lucky you. Why can't a Camaro or something hot drive near me. :(

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,134 Posts