GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now the the Stabilitrack won't turn back on. I put the car into 4Lo to get out of it along with some shoveling. The wheels are filled with snow and i tried brushing some of that out. The Triangle light is on indicating stabilitrack if off. How can I can get it back on?

The car also wont get out of 4LO.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Now the the Stabilitrack won't turn back on. I put the car into 4Lo to get out of it along with some shoveling. The wheels are filled with snow and i tried brushing some of that out. The Triangle light is on indicating stabilitrack if off. How can I can get it back on?

The car also wont get out of 4LO.

PLEASE HELP
Maybe you damaged a wheel speed sensor trying to get the snow out of the wheels?

Are you shifting the transmission into neutral to get out of 4 Low?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you damaged a wheel speed sensor trying to get the snow out of the wheels?

Are you shifting the transmission into neutral to get out of 4 Low?
The light issue was already there when i was trying to get the snow out. Do you guys think this is a serious problem. The car seems to drive normal.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yeah its ok now. Drove it around a bit. Put it in neutral and got it out.

Anyone know why it happened? Could have been a jammed up sensor. The car was really stuck and needed some revs along with shoveling to get it out.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
3 mph rolling switch to 4WD high, then auto or 2WD.

You had 2 issues, 1st. a wheel speed sensor.

2nd a shift motor on the transfer case.

Either way, welcome to N.W. Ontario. 4WD High usually gets you out of more situations than 4WD low by the way. Less chance of wheels spinning.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 mph rolling switch to 4WD high, then auto or 2WD.

You had 2 issues, 1st. a wheel speed sensor.

2nd a shift motor on the transfer case.

Either way, welcome to N.W. Ontario. 4WD High usually gets you out of more situations than 4WD low by the way. Less chance of wheels spinning.
I'm actually in the south. The reason I went into low was that the snow was past the bumpers and 4HI wasn't getting me anywhere so i figured some power was needed. That was reasoning, lol but i'm not sure if it was correct

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I'm actually in the south. The reason I went into low was that the snow was past the bumpers and 4HI wasn't getting me anywhere so i figured some power was needed. That was reasoning, lol but i'm not sure if it was correct
I have left my licence plate imprint in a bank, then backed up in 4WD high. The tires have less chance of spinning in 4 high than 4 low. Here spinning tires means stuck deeper.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have left my licence plate imprint in a bank, then backed up in 4WD high. The tires have less chance of spinning in 4 high than 4 low. Here spinning tires means stuck deeper.
Well its not like 4Lo got me out. I had to go get a shovel, and get to work.The snow was past the doors on all sides and i made the incredibly stupid mistake of stopping when I was moving along.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
LOL I have gotten into more trouble by playing it cool, than going for it.

I did 1, 12 mile trip to my cabin that took 9 hours, longer coming back, and caused $1790 damagage to a 2wd pick up that was with me.

I ripped ever bumper off that truck, tugging it through the slush, after pleading with her to ride with us and leave her truck at home.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
When I shifted the Canyon into 4WD Lo, and didn't think to put it into neutral, it stayed in 4WD. Of course the Canyon doesn't have Stabilitrak, but maybe you didn't shift into neutral when you put it in 4WD Lo, and it will eventually work its way out.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
When I shifted the Canyon into 4WD Lo, and didn't think to put it into neutral, it stayed in 4WD. Of course the Canyon doesn't have Stabilitrak, but maybe you didn't shift into neutral when you put it in 4WD Lo, and it will eventually work its way out.
On the Trailblazer, you will see the light blink but it won't engage and will go back to whatever setting you were previously on.

At least that is what it did on my old Trailblazer. I have only used 4low in 07 Silverado once, and I remembered to shift it into Neutral. I don't think the newer ones are any difference.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Yeah when you are stuck you want less torque... even try to launch in 2nd gear not 1st gear... high not low

As soon as you start spinning wheels you'll just make ice under the wheels and polish it, like a Zamboni... then you will never get out
Much like the older 2nd gear start switch on Grand Prix's. I hate 4x4 low when I am stuck, but I usually plow on the lake in low until I get stuck. My tranny got "REALLY HOT" 5 years ago plowing on the lake, after many flushings, it is still holding together. But I am still worried about it.

When I get stuck I switch back to 4x4 High, and sometimes apply a little brake, to switch the torque to other tires.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Much like the older 2nd gear start switch on Grand Prix's. I hate 4x4 low when I am stuck, but I usually plow on the lake in low until I get stuck. My tranny got "REALLY HOT" 5 years ago plowing on the lake, after many flushings, it is still holding together. But I am still worried about it.

When I get stuck I switch back to 4x4 High, and sometimes apply a little brake, to switch the torque to other tires.
Doh, what do you drive? I thought you drove a GMT400 truck, but I don't remember the brand.

You seem to know a lot about driving in the snow.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Doh, what do you drive? I thought you drove a GMT400 truck, but I don't remember the brand.

You seem to know a lot about driving in the snow.
GMT 400 . Chevy brand. And yes I have been struck more than I wish to repeat in it.

I have an 8' Western plow on the front and plow a 12 mile road to my cabin on the frozen lake. With up to 190"s of snow per year and minimal melting, I have been in some snow.

It is a 97 Chebby K1500, I sunk a 98 GMC with 33000km on X Mas eve 2000, after 6 crossings of the same place, but that isn't something one is proud about.

Snow sucks, and GM's versouins of 4x4's with thier low frame member's under the cab sucks too. but thier 4x4 system works

Our snow and ice does not melt, we deal with it Nov,- Mar. it just piles snow upon snow. But I love to make an atempt at going somewhere in all the snow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts