·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snatch Up September Deals Before It's Too Late
Cars.com
KickingTires
9/26/08

August and September were a wild time for the economy. (You’ve heard about the economy, right?) They were also two volatile months for automotive incentives. Rather than offering its typical program, GM generated tons of buzz by using an Employee Pricing Sale, while Chrysler urged you, confusingly, to Shop ‘Til You Drive. Great name.

Those deals are coming to a close, but not before Sept. 30, which means if you’ve still got any money left in your federally insured bank account, now is the time to strike. GM’s deals continue — models like the H3 ($9,000 off) and the Corvette ZO6 ($10,000 off) are especially sexy, but $2,000 off the 2009 Chevy Malibu isn’t so bad either. Meanwhile, Chrysler had problems with its percent-off deals — we still think a cash-back number would have been easier for consumers — but that doesn’t mean you can’t snatch up $9,000 on truck models like the 2008 Dodge Ram.

CONTINUED, With list of regional rebates

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah, I've been contemplating a purchase since the employee pricing started. Having a difficult time deciding what to purchase, but it seems like now is the time to buy. Although with the state of the economy, who knows what deals the end of the year might bring...

I currently have a deal pending on an 08 Vue Hybrid, pre-price increase. Likely going to seal the deal, as I doubt I'll do any better on an 09 later.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Local Dodge dealer is advertising 40% off 2008 Ram 1500's to "clear the lot for '09s"

$30K less 40% = $18K !!!!!!!
We've had 50% off quad cab Ram's for a month or two, and lots of Ford, and Toyota dealers advertising $15K off. So for $15K, you can get a fullsize truck, with v8 and auto, pwr packages.....you can't get many cars for $15K anymore

·
Banned
110 Posts
(oops my baddddddddddd,)---- ha ha, funny---where our education headed to. cant even do math, science, america is screwed. if ONLY WE WOULD SHIFT OUR SHOOPPING HABITS BY 10% TO (MADE IN AMERICA)----(NORTH AMERICA)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Just bought an 08 Malibu last week with 0% for 72 months + $500 gas card.

The interest rate is worth thousands, I feel pretty good about it as it's a new model too.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
don't forget...December will bring this year's rendition of Red Toe Tag Event!

·
Banned
110 Posts
We've had 50% off quad cab Ram's for a month or two, and lots of Ford, and Toyota dealers advertising $15K off. So for $15K, you can get a fullsize truck, with v8 and auto, pwr packages.....you can't get many cars for $15K anymore
U REALLY THINK u can get a truck for 15g. i got a bridge for sale 80% off--real cheap.!!!!! go to the dealer msrp will be like 40/50g's and then the discount to 25-30g's its the same price diff. scam. oooooo wait for 0% and pay 40/50grand. dealers dont loose

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife and I jumped on this too - as soon as we found out that we could combine the GM Card (we have the old card and we had $3000 built up on it) with the employee pricing we started shopping.

We ended up with a 2008 Acadia - she really likes it so far. Could have waited and gotten an 09 I guess, but we put a lot of miles on our vehicles and I like buying them at the end of the model year so we can put more miles on them without a 'penalty' on resale/trade.....

tk

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Bought my '08 Malibu two and a half weeks ago......for my first new purchase I think I did pretty good.....got it for just over $19K (when it stickered for $21,835) and got 6.9% GMAC financing all on my own w/no co-signer (which is nifty considering I have no credit history to speak of......save for the student loans I'll start paying on in Nov.)

·
Registered
861 Posts
The wife and I wanted to get into an '08 or '09 Outlook. By far our favorite crossover until we drove the Mazda CX-9. Then it was basically a tie for me. Of course GM isn't doing any incentivized leases, just decent instant rebates without cheap financing. Mazda's doing a $279 24 month lease on the CX-9... given they were both enjoyable to drive, that lease deal made the choice for us.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think the wheels are about to really come off the economy. Although I want a G8 in the worst way, no way in hell am I considering buying one any time soon.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Before it's too late? Please. I'll just wait until the next sale that we all know is coming.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts