GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Saturn Aura with about 39000 on it. My lease is up in like 3 months. I had a few questions that maybe someone in the know like a salesperson or service tech could help me with.

My front suspension feels a little loose, like the pass. side strut is wearing out, causing the front end to shake when braking from around 65 mph to 55. Also Im worried that I may need brake pads. During a smartlease return, am I going to get dinged for these?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have a 07 Saturn Aura with about 39000 on it. My lease is up in like 3 months. I had a few questions that maybe someone in the know like a salesperson or service tech could help me with.

My front suspension feels a little loose, like the pass. side strut is wearing out, causing the front end to shake when braking from around 65 mph to 55. Also Im worried that I may need brake pads. During a smartlease return, am I going to get dinged for these?
The only thing I've ever heard of the independent GMAC inspectors do is look over the vehicle's interior and exterior. I have noticed that since Cerebrus bought the controlling interest in GMAC that they've gotten more anal about the vehicle's condition. I guess they're trying to get every dollar they can out of the customer. I have NOT heard of them actually driving the vehicle.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interior is top notch, only have to clean a small spot on one of the seats, exterior is pretty good too. I only have a few scratches to buff out. Everything else is well within the GMAC Wear Square Specs thing.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
The only thing I've ever heard of the independent GMAC inspectors do is look over the vehicle's interior and exterior. I have noticed that since Cerebrus bought the controlling interest in GMAC that they've gotten more anal about the vehicle's condition. I guess they're trying to get every dollar they can out of the customer. I have NOT heard of them actually driving the vehicle.
The initial inspection is done that way, but later on they usually do a more thorough inspection and can sometimes send a bill over depending on the dealership, some won't bother if you keep buying cars from them, others will be more than happy to bill you. Saturn dealers however are not usually so anal about such things, but the repair can be a few hundred bucks, so who knows.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Would warranty cover the struts at 39k?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The initial inspection is done that way, but later on they usually do a more thorough inspection and can sometimes send a bill over depending on the dealership, some won't bother if you keep buying cars from them, others will be more than happy to bill you. Saturn dealers however are not usually so anal about such things, but the repair can be a few hundred bucks, so who knows.
How can they send you a bill after the car is turned in? Once it is signed over to them and you've made your last payment, thats it. If I got a bill after the fact I'd mail it right back to them. Aside from the obvious at lease turn in time, how can the average owner know every possible repair that might be required on the vehicle being turned in? It sounds like a money grab if some are doing this.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
How can they send you a bill after the car is turned in? Once it is signed over to them and you've made your last payment, thats it. If I got a bill after the fact I'd mail it right back to them. Aside from the obvious at lease turn in time, how can the average owner know every possible repair that might be required on the vehicle being turned in? It sounds like a money grab if some are doing this.
I've heard of people getting billed for thing that cannot be caught on initial inspection.

Examples:
  • One person brought in his car, they were too preoccupied for the test drive, so they simply reviewed the car without driving it. All looked great, but a few days later they drove it and called the previous owner back to say that they couldn't switch into 3rd gear. The guy never used it because he would shift from 2nd to 4th. The shop tried to fix it, but ended up having to replace it and billed the owner after.
  • Another was a similar case, the test drive the person got around to know how the car worked. Basically the road was so smooth that they couldn't tell any issues. But a few days later when doing the thorough inspection they noticed the shocks were out and the disc brake was very deformed. Billed the previous owner $1000.

I have many more of those. Such as one involving paint, another involving dents,... they don't mind at all billing you after the fact. Most contracts allow them to do it anyway. When you lease a car, the car nearly has to be perfect when it comes back. Finance it and they just take it as is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.