Type: V8
Displacement: 5439 cc
Horsepower: 360 bhp @ 5750 rpm
Torque: 376 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 6700 rpm

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
For some reason, those numbers don't seem too impressive compared to some of the current AMG offerings. The agressive looks seem like they should be hiding 500+ hp. <_<

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's not a very large car so I would imagine 360HP is more then enough to make this car fly, i'd also imagine that 500+ might make it nearly imposible to get going without melting a set of tires.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Wow.....still ugly...oh wait and sucky numbers 2 match....I'd by a SC'ed Cobra first.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall@Feb 19 2004, 01:52 PM
It's not a very large car so I would imagine 360HP is more then enough to make this car fly, i'd also imagine that 500+ might make it nearly imposible to get going without melting a set of tires.
I'm sure it's a bit more bulkier than it looks. Most every MB is that way.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by demonspeed+Feb 20 2004, 02:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (demonspeed @ Feb 20 2004, 02:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frenstall@Feb 19 2004, 01:52 PM
I'm sure it's a bit more bulkier than it looks. Most every MB is that way. [/b][/quote]
Its only a 2 seat conv. how bulky could it be? This thing probably weighs about at the most 3000 lbs.

HERE's some more info on the thing

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That's the NA AMG Engine... not the Supercharged....

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by PontiacJ8+Feb 20 2004, 03:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PontiacJ8 @ Feb 20 2004, 03:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 02:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-frenstall
@Feb 19 2004, 01:52 PM

I'm sure it's a bit more bulkier than it looks. Most every MB is that way.
Its only a 2 seat conv. how bulky could it be? This thing probably weighs about at the most 3000 lbs.

HERE's some more info on the thing[/b][/quote]
That's quite the normal ignorant misconception. "It's a two seater, it must be light." :rolleyes: Whatever.

Considering the 04 SL55 AMG weighs in at over 4300lbs according to Edmunds.com

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Wow.....still ugly...oh wait and sucky numbers 2 match....I'd by a SC'ed Cobra first.
I think it's gorgeous, almost as pretty as the ironically unloved BMW 8-series. It's far from cookie-cutter, and the styling is more athletic than Aston Martin offerings. It's not as lovely as the Maserati Spyder, but I think it's got the looks. Styling appeal, IMHO, is a dead heat with the XLR.

Based on those figures, I doubt it's a pavement ripper; but I could also care less about Viper-level performance in car like this. At the same time (far far in the future, when I can swap the penny jar for a penny apartment), I'd look at what else I could get, and the XLR and Maserati do it for me more.

Ghrankenstein

1 - 10 of 10 Posts