1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Why is that "Uncensored"? I remember seing that 'toon when i was a kid on Saturday morning...

·
Banned
767 Posts
Why is that "Uncensored"? I remember seing that 'toon when i was a kid on Saturday morning...
Because some of it was racist (the Indian convertible). Alot of the crap I/we grew up and watched was that way.
Bugs Bunny was awful with the racist overtones,but being white I didn't notice it till I got older and really understood what certain things meant. You have to remember that back when this was new (1950's?) it was entertainment for adults and they paid money to watch.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because some of it was racist (the Indian convertible). Alot of the crap I/we grew up and watched was that way.
Bugs Bunny was awful with the racist overtones,but being white I didn't notice it till I got older and really understood what certain things meant. You have to remember that back when this was new (1950's?) it was entertainment for adults and they paid money to watch.
also the "Chinese roadster" was taken out by the censors as well for that same reason. I remember seeing a few of these when I was younger and these do bring back memories I personally liked a couple of parts in the car of tomorrow toon where they had the station wagon that isolated the mother in law and the pedestrian hitting car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts