GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She says whenever she is stopped she can smell gas pretty strong. But goes away once the car is moving. Any idea what that would be?

And shes still within the used car lemon law period. Would that cover this?

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
State lemon laws are triggered when a dealer fails to fix a problem after repeated attempts or the car is held by the service department for an extended period of time. Google your state and "lemon law" for details.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
State lemon laws are triggered when a dealer fails to fix a problem after repeated attempts or the car is held by the service department for an extended period of time. Google your state and "lemon law" for details.
I did read it. And it sounded like some parts are automatically under warranty.

b. Written Warranty required; terms. 1. No dealer shall sell or lease a used motor vehicle to a consumer without giving the consumer a written warranty which shall at minimum apply for the following terms:......

.....The written warranty shall require the dealer or his agent to repair or, at the election of the dealer, reimburse the consumer for the reasonable cost of repairing the failure of a covered part. Covered parts shall at least include the following items: (a) Engine. All lubricated parts, water pump, fuel pump, manifolds, engine block, cylinder head, rotary engine housings and flywheel. (b) Transmission. The transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter.
(c) Drive axle. Front and rear drive axle housings and internal parts, axle shafts, propeller shafts and universal joints.
(d) Brakes. Master cylinder, vacuum assist booster, wheel cylinders, hydraulic lines and fittings and disc brake calipers.
(e) Radiator.
(f) Steering. The steering gear housing and all internal parts, power steering pump, valve body, piston and rack.
(g) Alternator, generator, starter, ignition system excluding the battery.
http://www.autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/NewYork_NY_lemonlaw3.html

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2.4. Twice it was a fuel pressure regulator.
I second that. Or the Fuel Pump if the gas smell is coming from the exhaust.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
She says whenever she is stopped she can smell gas pretty strong. But goes away once the car is moving. Any idea what that would be?

And shes still within the used car lemon law period. Would that cover this?
What's it have to do with the lemon law? Did she bring the car in to the dealer and they failed to repair the problem?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You said "smells like gas"....right? just checking.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts