GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHEVROLET SILVERADO Z71 CREW CAB 4X4 DELIVERS OFF-ROAD CAPABILITY IN A REFINED INTERIOR PACKAGE

Can a vehicle be both rugged and refined? Can it effortlessly take on the most challenging off-road situations while returning a degree of refinement? It can if it’s the Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4.

Silverado’s Z71 package has long stood for off-road capability, and rightly so. In this special Silverado, that capability is enhanced by a suspension system that has been raised 2 inches from the production model. This was accomplished via custom springs, custom shocks and custom stabilizer bar. Further improving this special Silverado’s off-road capability are the 4:10-geared limited slip rear differential and the 4:10-geared front differential with an Eaton electronic locker.

For increased stability – and an even more aggressive appearance – Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4’s track has been widened to the maximum. P285/65R18 tires with an aggressive all-terrain pattern further accentuate the assertive look of this vehicle.

Other exterior styling elements of the Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4 include a brushed-nickel grille mesh and brushed-nickel wheels; body-color exterior treatment; and headlamps, taillamps and turn signal assembly finished in a smoked appearance.

Mounted to the bed is a storage vault system. It features a natural walnut face and a pullout shelf that is also finished in natural walnut and enables the tailgate to be used as a work surface.

Natural walnut is also found inside the Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4, specifically on the dash bezel, the passenger assist handle and the door armrests, which also feature brushed nickel trim. Further adding to the refined aspect of the Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4 is the graphite Perrone leather interior with reverse graphite leather seat inserts and trim accents and an embroidered rider logo on the seats.

Powering the Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4 is the 6.0-liter LQ9 V-8 engine, which produces 345 horsepower at 5200 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm. Power is transferred to the wheels via a four-speed automatic transmission.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I agree.

The best part, to me, is the tweaking and smoking of the ends and corners. That LQ9 doesn't exactly hurt either.

I think this concept is highly appropriate.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm all for this one!! That's a beauty for sure...it's nice to see a truck come standard with 285 size tires....I can't stand the 245's on mine! :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by Bruce02Hawk@Dec 11 2003, 12:26 AM
I'm all for this one!! That's a beauty for sure...it's nice to see a truck come standard with 285 size tires....I can't stand the 245's on mine! :beer:
Word has it, you won't have those tires for long. ;)

Besides I bet your truck isn't even lifted!!! :lol:

See ya tomorrow bud!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts