GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Order books just opened for the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado, which, in case you hadn't heard, is almost unchanged compared to the 2021 Silverado. The overhauled Silverado and GMC Sierra that we caught in spy shots several times last year and were expected to launch this year have been delayed. Until that pickup gets here, Chevrolet and GMC will add "Limited" to the names of the Silverado and Sierra. Fleet guides for next year's truck show the official model name as Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD. There are a few interesting features coming next year, though, like the Multi-Flex tailgate joining the options list for Silverado HD trucks. GM Authority also reports that the 2022 Silverado LT Trail Boss adds the 3.0-liter oil-burner with 277 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque as a third engine option, which should be a big treat for the off-roading crew.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Damn GM. Sucks that the interior update is delayed - again! Anybody know for how long?

Interesting. I heard that Ford was dropping their diesel for 2022 due to low volume.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Never mind. The article says the interior updates are delayed at least a year.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
The problem is chips for new electronic architecture
You mean the chips that GM didn't source for their most profitable line of vehicles?

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
They're probably delayed because they still need to build out their existing parts supply from pre-facelift before cutting over to the new design.

·
Registered
18,183 Posts
You mean the chips that GM didn't source for their most profitable line of vehicles?
Just guessing, but I bet that Mbuk is right and the fancy new electric architecture requires more chips. So if it comes down to building two Silverado's with the old interior or one Silverado with the new interior, I'd say building two with the old is a better plan and hold off on the new interior.

Sucks though, I'm tired of hearing complaints regarding the interior.

Can anyone confirm if the new architecture needs more chips?

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just guessing, but I bet that Mbuk is right and the fancy new electric architecture requires more chips. So if it comes down to building two Silverado's with the old interior or one Silverado with the new interior, I'd say building two with the old is a better plan and hold off on the new interior.

Sucks though, I'm tired of hearing complaints regarding the interior.

Can anyone confirm if the new architecture needs more chips?
The new architecture needs much more advanced chips to support self driving and all the fancy stuff the Escalade does like augmented reality, they can stop building Escalades and build a Silverado for Truckman or wait a couple more months to get their supply chain back in order before launching the MCE.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I don't doubt that chips are part of the problem, but it's two years now that they're being delayed. I'll take one without super cruise. I just want wireless CarPlay and I'll be happy.

Grrr.

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't doubt that chips are part of the problem, but it's two years now that they're being delayed. I'll take one without super cruise. I just want wireless CarPlay and I'll be happy.

Grrr.
Patience Obi one, they will be here before you know it, and please wait until the cash on hood is back.. do not rush

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I have been patient. I started test driving in Spring 2019. I'm 2.5 years beyond my first itch. And I'm at 85k miles in my current truck. I can't wait another year.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been patient. I started test driving in Spring 2019. I'm 2.5 years beyond my first itch. And I'm at 85k miles in my current truck. I can't wait another year.
You could pay full price for an F150 without Chips or a Classic Ram if you can find one on the lot

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,753 Posts
Why wait?
The market for new pickup trucks in the U.S. right now is clearly tilted toward sellers. Buyers like bballr4567 and TruckMan will be able to get better deals by waiting until market dynamics work in their favor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts