GM Inside News Forum banner

Silverado,Steering/brake,temporary loss

119K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  davester 
It sounds like you may have Hydro-Boost brakes that work off power steering pump pressure. If the belt was making noise it could be a belt, belt tension or power steering pump problem. I'm glad your PARKING brake worked well. Get it to the dealer ASAP.

How is the dealer going to fix the problem if the vehicle is now working fine? Did you duplicate the problem and demonstrate that to the dealer? Do you want him to guess on what might have been the problem. Sure there are some preliminary checks that can be made but if all check out and you can't show him the problem, what do you want him to do? What if something got on the belt on the day of the failure and caused the belt to slip for a short time. Maybe a large insect, grease from the road or a piece of vegatation caused the belt to slip. Evidently it was slipping because you said the belt made a noise when it was restarted. Most likely the problem would not exist now if the belt was contaminated. Go ahead and raise holy hell as you say, I'm sure you can get to the bottom of the issue now. I'm going to the Dr. today and I think I will tell him I had a stomach ache 3 weeks ago and I will expect him to tell me what caused it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.