GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.goauto.com.au/ in an article not on their site yet is reporting that the upcoming RWD chassis currently know in car circles as Sigma-Lite or Sigma-Mass has been given the internal GM Name of Zeta. The new Zeta chassis will underpin a multitude of upcoming GM RWD and AWD cars including Chevy and Pontiac large sedans, the 2007 GTO, the 2007 smaller than GTO Chevrolet coupe rumored to be the next Camaro along with Buick, Holden, and Opel models. The new chassis will come in many sizes and forms from small coupe to large sedan and even a new Holden UTE type vehicle. This platform will debut down under in the 2006 Commodore and quickly spread to North America. To build the new Zeta cars GM is currently studying retooling a US plant in the image of Holden'c manufacturing model that allows 20+ cars to be built on the same production line.

For more info on Zeta and the 2007 Camaro read this previous GMI Exclusive!

Note: Keep checking their site for the whole article, I didn't feel it would be right to copy and paste what I saw.

·
Registered
164 Posts
WOW, certainly great news!!
ZETA sounds Greek, RWD finally making a comeback
I remember those big old Buicks of the 50's and 60's

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Nicey nicey!!!...could we possibly have an Elky making it long awaited come back?

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by babershah@Feb 3 2004, 09:19 PM
All the new GM global platoforms are greek, you just noticed it now :lol: (Delta, theta, epsilon, lambda, Sigma and now zeta)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Sounds good, but all the good stuff is still years away. I wish GM had this stuff on the market now.

Mark

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 3 2004, 11:48 PM
All the new GM global platoforms are greek, you just noticed it now :lol: (Delta, theta, epsilon, lambda, Sigma and now zeta)
Don't forget Kappa.

·
Registered
14 Posts
in an article not on their site yet is reporting that the upcoming RWD chassis currently know in car circles as Sigma-Lite or Sigma-Mass has been given the internal GM Name of Zeta. The new Zeta chassis will underpin a multitude of upcoming GM RWD and AWD cars including Chevy and Pontiac large sedans, the 2007 GTO, the 2007 smaller than GTO Chevrolet coupe rumored to be the next Camaro along with Buick, Holden, and Opel models. The new chassis will come in many sizes and forms from small coupe to large sedan and even a new Holden UTE type vehicle. This platform will debut down under in the 2006 Commodore and quickly spread to North America. To build the new Zeta cars GM is currently studying retooling a US plant in the image of Holden'c manufacturing model that allows 20+ cars to be built on the same production line.
"upcoming GM RWD and AWD cars including Chevy and Pontiac large sedans"

Did you say FULL SIZED DOMESTIC AWD SEDANS?????? Can you be more specific? I want to buy a full sized domestic AWD GM sedan. I prefer Buick.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by tom@Feb 4 2004, 08:13 PM
in an article not on their site yet is reporting that the upcoming RWD chassis currently know in car circles as Sigma-Lite or Sigma-Mass has been given the internal GM Name of Zeta. The new Zeta chassis will underpin a multitude of upcoming GM RWD and AWD cars including Chevy and Pontiac large sedans, the 2007 GTO, the 2007 smaller than GTO Chevrolet coupe rumored to be the next Camaro along with Buick, Holden, and Opel models. The new chassis will come in many sizes and forms from small coupe to large sedan and even a new Holden UTE type vehicle. This platform will debut down under in the 2006 Commodore and quickly spread to North America. To build the new Zeta cars GM is currently studying retooling a US plant in the image of Holden'c manufacturing model that allows 20+ cars to be built on the same production line.
"upcoming GM RWD and AWD cars including Chevy and Pontiac large sedans"

Did you say FULL SIZED DOMESTIC AWD SEDANS?????? Can you be more specific? I want to buy a full sized domestic AWD GM sedan. I prefer Buick.
well the fact is we cant because we dont know what GM is going to do with these other then make RWD and AWD cars. Your gunna have to wait a big for one of these cars to hit market. Most likley a Buick will get an awd v8 opion in someting.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Feb 3 2004, 10:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Feb 3 2004, 10:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-babershah@Feb 3 2004, 09:19 PM
All the new GM global platoforms are greek, you just noticed it now :lol: (Delta, theta, epsilon, lambda, Sigma and now zeta) [/b][/quote]
I'd say more latin then greek, it's a science/global thing, latin is the language you use if you want all languages to understand so Kappa in US means the same as Kappa in Argentina and nobody has to worry about one culture talking about GM's new mastrubate platform (LaCrosse :mf_boff: )

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by frenstall+Feb 4 2004, 08:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frenstall @ Feb 4 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2004, 10:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-babershah
@Feb 3 2004, 09:19 PM

I'd say more latin then greek, it's a science/global thing, latin is the language you use if you want all languages to understand so Kappa in US means the same as Kappa in Argentina and nobody has to worry about one culture talking about GM's new mastrubate platform (LaCrosse :mf_boff: ) [/b][/quote]
no... thats greek, not latin.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
SS4EVER: I am guessing:

Chevrolet Full-Size Sedan (May not be under the Impala name)
Pontiac Bonneville & Grand Prix
Buick LeSabre& Park Ave
Maybe a Caddy...who knows about that one

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Feb 4 2004, 05:19 PM
SS4EVER: I am guessing:

Chevrolet Full-Size Sedan (May not be under the Impala name)
Pontiac Bonneville & Grand Prix
Buick LeSabre& Park Ave
Maybe a Caddy...who knows about that one
Caddy is NOT going to use a cheapened version of their current platform.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts