GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
That Insignia is a beautiful car. And why won't is come here essentially unchanged as a Saturn again? :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Is that rust/corrosion on the muffler of the Opel? (pic 8)

·
Registered
479 Posts
The 'Sig wins that one by a mile. VW screwed up the Passat with the latest iteration IMO. GM is beyond stupid and shortsighted if they don't bring this car to the States UNCHANGED!!!

This is the right car, along with the Invicta (still crossing my fingers on the name), to raise the bar in the ultra competitive sedan segment and build on the positive momentum started by the 1st Aura and especially the Malibu.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Hmmmm....no insignia available, guess I'll get the Passat ;).

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Insignia wins hands down! Unfortunately it won't be coming here, and if it ever does it will most likely be too late!

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
GM is stupid not to bring this car as is! And it just goes against all the rhetoric they keep spewing about global cars and consolidating. The car is beautiful, and the design and color contrasts of the door panel is nice.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
In addition to the Insignia being far better looking, IMO, it will probably be a far better quality vehicle as well given VW's repair history. While I'd like to see GM succeed and survive. I have to wonder if any company that has a product this good, and can't/won't bring it to North America as is will be able to do either. :(

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I'll start by saying I also would buy the Insignia over the Passat. But some of the "hands-down" comments are funny to me. The Passat reminds me of the Malibu in the rear (generally well-loved here at GMi...myself included), and the Opel looks like the 2009 Acura TL in the rear (generally well-loathed here at GMi...myself included). And I can't help but wonder how styling wise the Passat CC would fare vs. Opel?

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
The insignia is VERY nice, but the Passat exterior isn't all that bad for something that's been on the market a few years. The Passat interior, on the other hand, looks dated by comparison.

Anyone know why the rear center headrest is so huge in the Insignia?

Opel seems to have decided to bypass the ideologically pure "no buttons at all" phase in their version of iDrive.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Hmmm. So I am the only one who sees it?

Loved:

Hated:

Hated:

Loved:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Yes indeed, the difference is execution.
You mean like guillotine, or electric chair? :lmao:

I'm just saying, the bias-goggles have been pulled down over the eyes. :yup:

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
You mean like guillotine, or electric chair? :lmao:

I'm just saying, the bias-goggles have been pulled down over the eyes. :yup:
With your side by side pics, I like the Passat rear more than the Malibu. And I always said the Malibu is Passat like with the tail lights.

But that Acura and Insignia side by side, gives it to the Insignia, hands down! The Acura's rear section is fugly, while the Insignia's is the opposite of fugly. There is some similarities in the theme, but bumper and the size and placement of the tail lights and the way the trunk is sculpted all just kill the Acura for me. The Insignia has a flowing theme where everything works together. On the Acura, they're working against each other.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
The Insignia's interior looks beautiful, espessially the door panels. Very well executed inside and out! As for styling, I do think it would be interesting to have the Passat CC in comparison. I like the look of the Passat CC a LOT, it's a very cool car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts