GM Inside News Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

· Registered
2,426 Posts
Nocturn... Correct. It's just the blocks though. That's all. The casting is different. I need to dig up specifics once I get home. All the internals are still the same as the LS1. Same with the heads, cam, bearings, etc.... There is nothing that would make a LS6 block'd LS1 (confusing huh?) any more powerful. It's just more likely to take more abuse.

· Registered
2,426 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Demonspeed,

I would worry too much about cvp33. He's an a$$. :lol:

Animated, vocal, argumentative, unyielding, but still an A$$.

· Registered
736 Posts
ugh tafreak do you pay attention to the threads you argue in? Or are you just kinda a floating blob of annoyance traveling from thread to thread?

The LS6 came about as why some 01-02's are more beleivable to hit lower numbers because their LS1's are casted in the LS6 plant which uses stronger casting methods which make the LS1's made their stronger then ones not.

While it may not give the LS6'ed LS1 any more power it could allow for some fractional more performance in some degree that might allow for some quicker times then the ealier years.

lol cvp

· Registered
459 Posts
The only performance gain you get from the LS6 block is the fact it is STRONGER if you MOD IT. Nothing else. In stock configuration, the LS1 will blow something else long before the LS1/LS6 block cracks (unless you really, really, REALLY **** up).

It has no relevence to stock drag racing.

FYI, drag racing is a contest of acceleration between two drivers. Just so you know what has been discussed. :mrt:

· Registered
736 Posts
rofl you can say that again. For reference to anyone who has scene the film Donnie Darko, Tafreak would be the coach of the sparkle magic team lol.

ugh TAfreak just stop talking please, im tired of proving you wrong time and time again. Defining drag racing means nothing to this thread, nor do you have any idea of what is being discussed anymore.

· Registered
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Dec 16 2003, 09:58 PM
rofl you can say that again. For reference to anyone who has scene the film Donnie Darko, Tafreak would be the coach of the sparkle magic team lol.
You know, Swayze was innocent!

Donnie Darko... what a strange movie.

A big bunny rabbit. His name is Frank. :drevil:

· Registered
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by cvp33@Dec 16 2003, 08:10 PM
Demonspeed,

I would worry too much about cvp33. He's an a$$. :lol:

Animated, vocal, argumentative, unyielding, but still an A$$.
Talking in the 3rd person now? :drunk:

· Registered
2,426 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Nice pictures. I haven't seen them. thanks for the post. problem is i've had a down payment on one for many many months. It's very hard to see my exact car (except mines a 6 speed) just sitting on a show room floor. You would think sinse mine is paid for I would be a priority.

· Registered
2,426 Posts
I think it's like 3.51 or something. Not a conventional GM ring gear since it's IRS.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.