GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
Yes they do. CNET has the article but for whatever reason the nanny won't let me post the link.
Once again, the "order" is for UP TO 800 trucks.

https://nikolamotor.com/press_relea...ered-semi-trucks-with-nikola-motor-company-23

Anheuser-Busch and Nikola Motor Company today announced that America's leading brewer has placed an order for up to 800 hydrogen-electric powered semi-trucks from the pioneer in hydrogen-electric renewable technology. The zero-emission trucks - which will be able to travel between 500 and 1,200 miles and be refilled within 20 minutes, reducing idle time - are expected to be integrated into Anheuser-Busch's dedicated fleet beginning in 2020.

Yea, they wont be in the fleet in 2020.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Or, a company named after a zeppelin that exploded, killing many. Kind of says a lot about them!
Who better to expose a hydrogen company about to crash and burn (pardon the pun), if the allegations are true?? :)

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
This Milton guy's twitter is a freaking trainwreck "**** the haters", really? This is who we wanted to get in a partnership with? Someone @ GM should definitely geaux (go for the non-cajun) because of this, they literally fell for an automotive Nigerian Prince scam.

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
So an order for 800 trucks like I said. Thanks.
It's an order UP TO 800 trucks. An order OF 800 is completely different. AB has about every out in the world and it's why they made the deal. Even Nikola says it's UP TO 800. If you think that's a firm PO then I got some ocean front property on Coolidge Arizona.

Thats like saying I could eat 800 cookies versus eating 800 cookies.

·
Premium Member
34,877 Posts
It's an order UP TO 800 trucks. An order OF 800 is completely different. AB has about every out in the world and it's why they made the deal. Even Nikola says it's UP TO 800. If you think that's a firm PO then I got some ocean front property on Coolidge Arizona.

Thats like saying I could eat 800 cookies versus eating 800 cookies.
With GM on board, all those committed should have the confidence of Nikola's ability to deliver

·
Registered
21,087 Posts
It turns out this whole Zeppelin outfit is one dude at most, that’s the word.. At least based on Autoline speculation

It’s one dude who presents himself as a big organization

And Nikola is 3 dudes pretending to be a big organization?

·
Premium Member
34,877 Posts
The semi or the Badger? The Semi is legit tech. The Badger is an absolute joke and why Nikola is letting GM engineer AND manufacture it.
Where is Nikola going to get its Hydrogen technology to power the Semi? Do they have advanced fuel cells? I am not saying they do not have the technology, just wondering

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
With GM on board, all those committed should have the confidence of Nikola's ability to deliver
GM is doing the engineering AND manufacturing of the Badger now. The Badger is Nikola in name only now.

Where is Nikola going to get its Hydrogen technology to power the Semi? Do they have advanced fuel cells? I am not saying they do not have the technology, just wondering
Nikola has produced that technology. They got it thru sketchy means and shams over the last 5 years. They have used a lot of off the counter stuff which has helped a lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GM is doing the engineering AND manufacturing of the Badger now. The Badger is Nikola in name only now.

Nikola has produced that technology. They got it thru sketchy means and shams over the last 5 years. They have used a lot of off the counter stuff which has helped a lot.
sad that his inventions were decided so brazenly

·
Registered
18,385 Posts
In October 2014, Milton sold dHybrid to Worthington Industries (WOR), a public company and steel business based in Columbus, Ohio. Worthington, which makes pressure cylinders in which CNG gas can be stored, had been a supplier to dHybrid. Worthington paid nearly $16 million—including $12 million cash—for a nearly 80 percent stake.

Naturally, some investors were thrilled at the news. One Lexon investor called Milton, the man recounts in an interview.

“Congratulations!” he said. “This is sweet! How much are our shares worth? How do we get paid back?”

“Your investment was in Lexon,” Milton explained to him, he recalls. “That has nothing to do with the sale.”

Odder still, those who held dHybrid shares directly fared no better than Lexon stockholders. They, too, got zero.

What had happened was this. In October 2012—after dHybrid had been named in the two lawsuits—Milton’s father, Bill, incorporated a second dHybrid, called dHybrid Systems, LLC. The original company, set up in 2009, was dHybrid Inc.

The two dHybrids worked out of the same premises and used nearly identical trade dress. dHybrid Systems was said to be devoted to dedicated CNG fuel-systems, while dHybrid Inc. focused on dual-fuel systems.

Worthington had purchased only dHybrid Systems. That dHybrid was owned solely by Bill and Trevor Milton, who were, therefore, the sole recipients of the cash generated by the sale.

Even dHybrid employees were surprised.

“It was always just ‘dHybrid,’” says one of them. “When they sold dHybrid Systems is when we found out there were two dHybrids.”

In subsequent media and YouTube interviews, Milton has described dHybrid Inc. as having “merged” or “morphed” into dHybrid Systems. To this day, Trevor Milton’s LinkedIn page references only one dHybrid, which it says he led from 2010 until its October 2014 sale.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nikola-founder-trevor-milton-profile-132825184.html

This is absolutely rough. Seems like Milton was screwing people out of money far long before Nikola came along.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts