GM Inside News Forum banner

Shock and/or Awe

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  FenwickHockey65 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't want to alarm anyone, but what this news is rather overwhelming.

I think, I THINK, I saw an honest to God Pontiac Torrent GXP. Yeah, I know, I can hardly believe it myself. But there it was, parked in front of Mrs. K's Tollhouse Restaurant (Great place, totally check it out if you're on the Eastern Seaboard).

At first I was all like, "NAH, there's no way someone bought one, I would have read about it in Automotive News or in The Wall Street Journal." But, yup, ostensibly, someone actually gave their hard earned money to a Buick-Pontiac-GMC conglomerate dealer in exchange for a Torrent GXP.

Unreal. We're living in some crazy, crazy times.

#2 ·
I don't want to alarm anyone, but what this news is rather overwhelming.

I think, I THINK, I saw an honest to God Pontiac Torrent GXP. Yeah, I know, I can hardly believe it myself. But there it was, parked in front of Mrs. K's Tollhouse Restaurant (Great place, totally check it out if you're on the Eastern Seaboard).

At first I was all like, "NAH, there's no way someone bought one, I would have read about it in Automotive News or in The Wall Street Journal." But, yup, ostensibly, someone actually gave their hard earned money to a Buick-Pontiac-GMC conglomerate dealer in exchange for a Torrent GXP.

Unreal. We're living in some crazy, crazy times.
I've seen a Torrent GXP as well...
I've seen way more of the Equinox Sport though.

#5 ·
Too bad, because, in my opinion at least, the Torrent is a nice-looking SUV. Looks much better than the Equinox I think. Now I know, I know, they are both "badge jobs" and look very similar. I just think the front end of the Torrent works better for it than the one on the Equinox, and I am no longer a fan of "altezza" or "euro" taillights found on the Chevy.

I'd drive a Torrent GXP, FWIW.

#11 ·
*sobs*
I wanted an Envoy XUV so much... :(
I was 12 years old and rambled on and on to my parents about how awesome it was...and then GM killed it.
GM seems to enjoy spiting me.

I actually see a lot of XUVs around here...I guess this was the only market that sold reasonably well...

#9 ·
There is an Envoy XUV in my neighborhood around here. I have seen at least half a dozen or so Torrents on the road around here.

Last summer when I first moved here I had seen three Plymouth Prowlers in the same parking lot at once too.

#10 ·
I think the Torrent GXP is a pretty decent looking vehicle actually. I wouldn't own one, but it is leaps and bounds far better looking inside and out in comparison to the godaweful Equinox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.