-Flat-plane crank V8
-Magnetic shocks (thanks GM)
-Mostly unique sheetmetal
-Cloth Recaros

Only question now, is price.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Not sure the photos show the car at its best. Tech sounds awesome.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
This is indeed interesting.

"The 180-degree, flat-plane layout permits a cylinder firing order that alternates between cylinder banks, reducing the overlap of exhaust pressure pulses. When combined with cylinder-head and valvetrain advancements, this permits better cylinder breathing, further extending the performance envelope of the V8."

What's the downside? More expensive to produce? Must be some reason others don't use this.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Vibrations tougher to control in past. Size of ford v8 touts new harmonic balance solution created by ford...allows 5.2 liters of displacement.

Ferrari s v8 is famous for its power and rev capability utilizing flat plane crank.

I'm sure the ford engine is as good or better for a lot less.

Very exotic in nature and is exciting

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is indeed interesting.

"The 180-degree, flat-plane layout permits a cylinder firing order that alternates between cylinder banks, reducing the overlap of exhaust pressure pulses. When combined with cylinder-head and valvetrain advancements, this permits better cylinder breathing, further extending the performance envelope of the V8."

What's the downside? More expensive to produce? Must be some reason others don't use this.
Balance and smoothness. These things don't feel smooth but they sure perform and sound sweet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would make sense. I wonder if some guys wouldn't want it just for the exclusivity and to brag about how rough the motor runs.
With these top of the range halo type cars that always happens. It starts getting into a price range where the wealthy start buying them up as garage queens to just show off at their local Cars and Coffee :) But hopefully there's real enthusiast owners that'll put the car on the track too.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I wonder how efficient the engine is. How drivable is it? How good is the suspension?

1 - 20 of 197 Posts