GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
Im hoping that theres somebody out there that can help me with a question im having trouble answering...
I drive an 06 Malibu Maxx SS and HATE the stock antenna.... I want to replace it with a shark fin. I know that its a lot of work (and a bit of $$) for such a trivial thing, but i really hate the bulls whip style antenna... I have looked everywhere for one to buy... dealership (they told me off) ebay (lots to choose from but concerned with the quality) online auto shops (nobody has what i want) and finally BMW dealerships... they told me that they can only order in the housing, or shell of the antenna, and that their antennas contain GPS sensors ... seems a little high tech for my AM/FM radio lol.
So.... has anyone done this conversion to any GM vehicle???
Where did you buy the antenna??
How does it work? and are you satisfied with it?
A local speed shop says that they can hook one up, running the wires, removing the old antenna etc... for about 150 bucks... then i need to go to a body shop to fill the hole form the stock antenna and drill a hole for the new roof mounted one...
Any help would be great..
Thanks!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
How about a short stubby black antenna? I do agree with you on the antenna being ugly. I can't understand why they would put a regular antenna on it while the sedan has the inglass antenna.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about a short stubby black antenna? I do agree with you on the antenna being ugly. I can't understand why they would put a regular antenna on it while the sedan has the inglass antenna.
Do you have a pic of the style of antenna that youre talking about?? at this point id entertain about anything lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help, but i think those look kinda cheap... nothing personal lol but my Maxx SS is white, and I think that would stick out like a sore thumb...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.