GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shaquille O'Neal buys smart car

Standing seven feet and one inches tall and weighing in at 375 pounds, Shaquille O'Neal is one big dude. Must drive a big 'ol car then, right? Umm, not exactly. The Phoenix Suns star center has recently been spotted in his newest automotive purchase, a smart fortwo. Seriously. And, surprisingly enough, he fits! Don't believe us? See above for photo proof. Well, so he sorta fits. It's a good thing that Shaq opted for the convertible, as his head comes up several inches over the top of the windshield. Oh, and we can find no real proof that the door has ever completely shut with Shaq inside. Just sayin'.
Source: TMZ and Autoblog

Avon tires BF Goodrich tires Bridgestone tires Continental tires Dunlop Tires Firestone Tires Fuzion Tires General Tires Goodyear Tires Hankook Tires Hoosier Tires Kumho tires Michelin Tires Pirelli Tires Sumitomo tires Toyo Tires Uniroyal Tires Yokohama tires winter tires

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
not safe, his head will be the rollbar in case of a rollover.
Ya so? He doesn't need it. You only need your head if you're gonna score freethrows! :fall:

Anyway, there is no way in Hell he "bought" a Smart Car. More like Mercedes dropped one off, along with a dump truck full of money in hopes that him being seen in one would make others go "oh jeez, maybe it's not too small of a car for me, and I should go buy one right now!" Well it didn't work on me.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Surely just a publicity stunt. I doubt he'll EVER really drive that car unless he's paid a WHOLE lot to do so.

hahaha......I agree. Makes a funny picture though.:D

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Stop being an attention whore shaq!

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Shaquille O'Neal's Custom Cadillac Escalade is for Sale

Look at the emblem on the hood

Miami Center and former Los Angeles Lakers world champion Shaquille O’Neal has decided to get rid of his pimped out Superman Cadillac Escalade. You may have seen him on MTV CRIBS showing it off, or if you attended the GM All Car celebrity showdown during the All-star weekend of 2004 you have seen this customized Escalade up close.

Shaq’s car features Twenty Inch Strong (TIS10) 26” chrome rims and Kumho 305/30X26 low profile Tires, with a Lexani Body Kit all around. It has a matching Burgundy Exterior. Other features include Custom Fuel Door, Tinted Windows, Tinted Tail Lights, Lambo Style Front Doors, Strut Grill w/ Superman Emblem, Superman Emblem on Rear Hatch, Two Tone Leather Seats w/ Superman Emblems Embroidered, Suede Headliner, Air Bags, Air Horn, Whipple Supercharger, Two Alternators, Custom Sub Woofer Wall with Eight Audiobahn 12" Sub Woofers, Directed Audio Amps (4) 1100d & (1) 500, Kenwood KVT817DVD Head Unit, Kenwood HD Radio Tuner KTC-HR100TR, Two Clarion 7" Headrest Monitors, Three Cameras 1 on Rear Hatch & 1 on each Mirror. The audio system is capable of 5,000 watts of power. The car was customized by DUB and they are selling it on eBay.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I sort of wonder why Mercedes/Smart feels this is necessary at this point in time.... There is already a waiting list that is months long and you cannot even drive one of these things off the lot without having previously ordered it.

My freind "placed an order" for one, however, it has been over 7 months now, and they haven't even called her back to finalize all of the options.

IMO, Smart doesn't need the publicity yet, and those with them can turn right around and sell them for well above sticker, have a look at ebay...

-Chase

5,934 Posts
Surely just a publicity stunt. I doubt he'll EVER really drive that car unless he's paid a WHOLE lot to do so.
My thoughts as well. But I'm sure he was paid for the photo.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
a little off topic but the leather in that Slade looks really cheap/beat

·
Registered
240 Posts
After evaluating the authenticity of this photo, its no publicity stunt, it's The Real Deal Holyfield. Shaq is finally witnessing the side effects of divorce and not winning championships.

KOBE needs to make a rap about this and "dis" (Translation: judge unfavorably) SHAQuille O'Neal.

And it should be, some what along this line:

Shaq, Shaq you look like an @ss
in that car that is as, big as your Shaq shoe.......

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
After evaluating the authenticity of this photo, its no publicity stunt, it's The Real Deal Holyfield. Shaq is finally witnessing the side effects of divorce and not winning championships.

KOBE needs to make a rap about this and "dis" (Translation: judge unfavorably) SHAQuille O'Neal.

And it should be, some what along this line:

Shaq, Shaq you look like an @ss
in that car that is as, big as your Shaq shoe.......
He better tread lightly, Shaq might open up a can of Shaq-fu on Kobe's ass. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts