GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to the FOG garage!

My first toy:

1973 Chevrolet Camaro Z28/RS. 406 V8. TH350 3-speed.

My second toy:

1968 Chevrolet Camaro SS. 350 V8. Saginaw 4-speed.

My latest toy:

]

2006 Pontiac GTO. 6.0 liter LS2 V8. T56 6-speed.

My daily toy:

2001 Ford Mustang GT. 4.6 liter 'mod motor' V8. 4-speed automatic.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
Nice collection of cars, and it appears our automotive tastes are not utterly divergent.

·
Premium Member
35,437 Posts
You're mixing Camaros, Ponchos, and Muskrats??? PREVERT!!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
That '73 sure is sharp!

The Mustang, on the other hand... ;)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're mixing Camaros, Ponchos, and Muskrats??? PREVERT!!! :eek:
LOL. As long as it's American, it's welcome in my garage. (And by that I mean parent company-American)

That '73 sure is sharp!

The Mustang, on the other hand... ;)
Thank you! It's taken quite a bit of work to get her there. Bought the car when I was 16 and almost 15 years later I'm STILL working on restoring it a little at a time (Neither of the Camaros are frame-off, big money cars. More cruisers) In fact, the body you see there is almost entirely new metal.

As for the Mustang: it was an in-the-moment deal. I totaled my old daily, got $5K in insurance cash and didn't want to take on a car payment. So, I figured if I was gonna buy a risky car anyway, why not buy something fun? I've always loved the sound of mod motors and loved the look of the 'new edge' stangs. So I tracked this one down on Craigslist, and 3 years, roughly 60K miles and many LONG road trips later, the old mare hasn't missed a beat.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice stable of cars you have there!!!

That Goat is hot...:yup:
Thanks!

It has mild suspensions mods, 3 inch exhaust and mild motor mods. It's pushing roughly 400hp to the rear wheels. I bought it just the way it sits. I've always wanted one, but I also wanted to keep working on the Camaros. So I decided I wanted to buy one that was already modded to the point I wanted. Interestingly enough, the nicer cars were the goats that people were selling outright (as opposed to a dealership). I *almost* bought an orange one but was lucky enough to end up with this black on black and red beast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts