GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been a while since ive done much drawing so i decided to get back into so i dont get too rusty.

heres an idea that is kinda a mix of a new lambo and a ferrari f430

unfortunatly it scanned in kinda grainy

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I couldn't help myself...

It's a great drawing as usuall, but they tend to bubble a little more than I think you intend them too...Overall the perspective and design is there, now you just hafta give it some more detail shading and depth wise. Good job, keep drawing!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't mind the grain at all. A hand built car should be hand drawn anyway! I only want to ask...is it suppose to appear as bubbely as it had been transfered?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for all the comments and constructive criticism guys. I really appreciate the version you did firebird1234! I guess when i draw cars, because i am constantly moving the paper around to get differant angles, i kind of make things bubbly. As for shading/detailing, I have no skill when it comes to that. If anyone has any tips I'd be glad to hear!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't recall all of your drawings. But you have a very strong one-dimensional talent. It seems you now what you like and it shows on a one-dimensional level. I would suggest using a real photo as a tool and scetch it on paper; showing all shading and light reflection with pencil. Then when you do your own designs, take the same mechanics of drawiing and apply it to yours new design, making amore three-dimensional drawing. You'll be surprised in the difference between the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts