GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had our new G6 in for its first maintenance. I was a bit floored when we picked it up and the bill was $144. All we had done was Maintenance I (which I believe is nothing but a glorified oil change and tire rotation). I really didn't expect it to be this expensive. The base price was $129 and then they charge for shop supplies on top of that. I had NEVER seen anyone charge for shop supplies until I moved to the DC area. When I worked in fixed ops (Chevy/Saturn) back in Central PA, we expended all that stuff out (brakleen, grease, rags, etc). From my experience down here, it appears to be a percentage of the bill. The first time I saw it, I refused to pay it, but after I've seen it now at 3 different shops, I have been "sucking it up".

Basically, I feel like we we're bent over WITHOUT the lube. :(

What are you all charging for Maintenance I and II? How many of you have a "Shop Supplies" charge?

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Why are you going to GMGoodwrench for an oil change? You can find many reputable grease monkeys out there that can change it for ALOT less than that! I just had my tires rotated at a tire shop for $10.

Go elsewhere for the little stuff.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you going to GMGoodwrench for an oil change? You can find many reputable grease monkeys out there that can change it for ALOT less than that! I just had my tires rotated at a tire shop for $10.

Go elsewhere for the little stuff.
After working in dealerships, I refuse to go anywhere else. I've seen the horror places wreak who haven't been factory trained. With a dealership, someone can screw up, yes, but it's easier to get things rectified once you climb the hierarchy ladder to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
After working in dealerships, I refuse to go anywhere else. I've seen the horror places wreak who haven't been factory trained. With a dealership, someone can screw up, yes, but it's easier to get things rectified once you climb the hierarchy ladder to get it taken care of.
Most garages that do repair work are pretty good at the small stuff. It is when you start taking it to places like Jiffy Lube that bad things start to happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts