GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In laying my hands on a high-mileage beater ('92 Buick Park Avenue), it's a foregone conclusion that certain things will probably have to be replaced sometime.....

Now when it comes time for service to be done....I'd want to take it to this dealer where I have a trusted old High School buddy of mine working in the shop.....only thing is, it's a Chevrolet dealer. I know it sounds like a stupid question kind of......but would there be any issues with doing that (taking a Buick to a Chevrolet shop), esp. if a complicated job needs to be done??

*(My dad's gotten burned at a few garages around here, so given that, my first inclination would be to put my ride in the hands of a trusted pal who works at an actual GM place....who wouldn't burn me)*

· Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet......as I said, it sounded like kind of a stupid question....but there hasn't been a GM car in our driveway for ages.....:(

· Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same ****, different pile :yup:

They all have the same training. Can't your buddy do most of it on the side and save you a boat load of money? He'd make out pretty good too. There might be some stuff he can't do in his driveway, but for everything else, why not?
I hit him up for a pricing quote on replacing shocks & brakes and once he gets back to me, I'll ask him about that ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.