GM Inside News Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1780 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts
Will the new K2XX trucks absolutely destroy the competition, and put Ford in the numero dos spot?
I sincerely hope they do. In fact, I want Ford trucks to fall to third, or, preferrably, to cease to exist.

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
After seeing the recent crop of GM cars, especially what has been shown of the Vette, I can't wait to see how the interior reallyturns out. We're getting close now and this will be an exciting year for GM! Tough choice may be between a Silverado and a Sierra.

·
Registered
639 Posts
BTW, anybody who's seen my posts knows I've talked about a color-matched truck no chrome look, and wondering how many people miss this from GM of old: black with red outlined bowtie logos. I understand GM's branding for Chevrolet with the gold bowtie, but those things look amazing. I have done aftermarket but would be a great piece on a new Z71 w/the fact that hey use red/black for that logo as well. Thoughts?

·
Registered
389 Posts
BTW, anybody who's seen my posts knows I've talked about a color-matched truck no chrome look, and wondering how many people miss this from GM of old: black with red outlined bowtie logos. I understand GM's branding for Chevrolet with the gold bowtie, but those things look amazing. I have done aftermarket but would be a great piece on a new Z71 w/the fact that hey use red/black for that logo as well. Thoughts?
I would love to see GM do anything with the bowties, as long as its not Gold. I hate the gold bowtie! I have owned a 2001 Silverado, 2003 Tahoe, and 2005 Silverado and I have replaced the bowties in all of them with aftermarket ones. The Gold also has a bad habit of peeling and bubbling up. It happened in all of the vehicles I listed as well as my dad’s 2006 (he also replaced the bowtie).

·
Banned
1,846 Posts
I would love to see GM do anything with the bowties, as long as its not Gold. I hate the gold bowtie! I have owned a 2001 Silverado, 2003 Tahoe, and 2005 Silverado and I have replaced the bowties in all of them with aftermarket ones. The Gold also has a bad habit of peeling and bubbling up. It happened in all of the vehicles I listed as well as my dad’s 2006 (he also replaced the bowtie).
We have this happen (peeling and bubbling of the bow tie paint on virtually all of our Silverados. I doubt it is because the color is gold. I think it looks very ratty and would love to be able to have these replaced with after market ones. Where do you get your after market emblems? How do they hold up?

·
Banned
2,537 Posts
I sincerely hope they do. In fact, I want Ford trucks to fall to third,
As would I Envoy, as would I.... I'm not conviced Chevrolet has what it takes in terms of commitment to pull it off anymore though. Dodge apparently does, Chevy? Good luck... These guys flat out just don't get it and haven't for so long I don't think they can learn again. The build quality, the designs, the suspensions, the interiors, the options, the niche trucks etc... Their reputation is gone in the off road community. Their reputation is gone in the working fields. Their reputation is falling fast with the daily driver crowd. It's all a complete disaster and has been for so long. Chevy has a world class engine. That's it... They don't have a Truck. It's why the racecar guys still run Chevrolet's but pull them to tracks all across the county with a Ford truck. I will say this, the first truck to dethrone the F-150 in the 1500 arena and the Super Duty in the HD arena will reap HUGE benefits in brand loyalty across the board. Ford trucks sell Ford cars... Guess what happens when they aren't selling trucks like they used to? Maybe Uncle Sam can help them out too.

I wouldn't count on it though. Ford knows this all too well. No way in hell will they let themselves be outdone by Chevrolet.

We have this happen (peeling and bubbling of the bow tie paint on virtually all of our Silverados. I doubt it is because the color is gold. I think it looks very ratty and would love to be able to have these replaced with after market ones.
That's because they are nickel and dime Cheap. Just like their interiors.. Just like their body metal.. Just like their old drum brakes... Just like their frame coatings. Brand new Silverado's on dealer lot's with their gold Bowtie emblems turning black inside is the norm. GM beancounters probably got boxes of them from some lowball company in China. Just like their rims. Utterly disgusting. Not the Chevrolet I grew up with at all...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I sincerely hope they do. In fact, I want Ford trucks to fall to third, or, preferrably, to cease to exist.
Damn dude, you hate them that much. I thought that I had a lot of hate for them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
As would I Envoy, as would I.... I'm not conviced Chevrolet has what it takes in terms of commitment to pull it off anymore though. Dodge apparently does, Chevy? Good luck... These guys flat out just don't get it and haven't for so long I don't think they can learn again. The build quality, the designs, the suspensions, the interiors, the options, the niche trucks etc... Their reputation is gone in the off road community. Their reputation is gone in the working fields. Their reputation is falling fast with the daily driver crowd. It's all a complete disaster and has been for so long. Chevy has a world class engine. That's it... They don't have a Truck. It's why the racecar guys still run Chevrolet's but pull them to tracks all across the county with a Ford truck. I will say this, the first truck to dethrone the F-150 in the 1500 arena and the Super Duty in the HD arena will reap HUGE benefits in brand loyalty across the board. Ford trucks sell Ford cars... Guess what happens when they aren't selling trucks like they used to? Maybe Uncle Sam can help them out too.

I wouldn't count on it though. Ford knows this all too well. No way in hell will they let themselves be outdone by Chevrolet.

That's because they are nickel and dime Cheap. Just like their interiors.. Just like their body metal.. Just like their old drum brakes... Just like their frame coatings. Brand new Silverado's on dealer lot's with their gold Bowtie emblems turning black inside is the norm. GM beancounters probably got boxes of them from some lowball company in China. Just like their rims. Utterly disgusting. Not the Chevrolet I grew up with at all...
That is one of the most unintelligent comments I have ever heard, like you have done any research what so ever to back that up. Your right though, that is because I never see a GM truck working, or just driving around or being taken off road; yup, just looked out my window at work, not a single GM truck pulling a trailer, lol. Here, let me take some of your train of thought and spin it differently.

Wow, Chevy has gained so many followers in the electrical and oil and gas fields, everyone and I mean EVERYONE thinks their trucks are tops in the industry, their reputation to get me through the swamps to my next site is impenetrable, I know this because I do research and surveys to find out. Oh wait, no I don't, I think what I want everyone to believe because I troll around and list those thoughts as facts.

Come on man, get real. Have some actual genuine thoughts for once and not some kindergarten this is what I should try and push on everyone else with wishful thinking; maybe then people will take you seriously :eek:

Hmm, I see ford emblems all the time faded as well as dodge, it is a plastic emblem, like anything it will fade when left out in the sun and hit with rock chips all the time with out protection... (hint, if people used a coat of wax things would look alot better down the road)

Tyler

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That is one of the most unintelligent comments I have ever heard, like you have done any research what so ever to back that up. Your right though, that is because I never see a GM truck working, or just driving around or being taken off road; yup, just looked out my window at work, not a single GM truck pulling a trailer, lol. Here, let me take some of your train of thought and spin it differently.

Wow, Chevy has gained so many followers in the electrical and oil and gas fields, everyone and I mean EVERYONE thinks their trucks are tops in the industry, their reputation to get me through the swamps to my next site is impenetrable, I know this because I do research and surveys to find out. Oh wait, no I don't, I think what I want everyone to believe because I troll around and list those thoughts as facts.

Come on man, get real. Have some actual genuine thoughts for once and not some kindergarten this is what I should try and push on everyone else with wishful thinking; maybe then people will take you seriously :eek:

Hmm, I see ford emblems all the time faded as well as dodge, it is a plastic emblem, like anything it will fade when left out in the sun and hit with rock chips all the time with out protection... (hint, if people used a coat of wax things would look alot better down the road)

Tyler

Thank you for one of the most intelligent posts on this thread.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am not sure I follow you with the color match. GM offers them right now, with color matched bumpers, mirror caps, door handles etc. You can buy one today, GMC or chevy all color matched. ???? Nice thing about the aftermarket is that anyone can buy go buy bowties and GMC logo's in color of choice and make their truck look however they like.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts

Tyler
You obviously haven't met Fan of Durant yet. He's one of those that perpetually thinks that sky is falling and GM builds crap compared to the competition. His perception of GM is formed through his dimentia. He thinks GM trucks are useless, rust though on dealer lots, and can't compete with Ford unless they copy them exactly. Drum brakes are crap (even though big rigs use them), independent front suspensions are crap (even though they have the same ratings and capabilities as straight axles), GM's sheetmetal is thinner than a tin can, and GMC should be liquidated even though they rake in the profit for GM. :doh:

·
Banned
2,537 Posts
Hey, you guys just continue making excuses for poor quality... The fact is Chevrolet's interiors ARE cheap compared to Ford's. The fact is Chevrolet's are NOT on anyone's radar in the offroad community because they don't have a SFA nor a Raptor or RamRunner competitor. The fact is Chevrolet's design is indeed very offputting to Many. The fact is Chevrolet uses Wax to coat their frames and it DOES come right off within a year or two allowing the frame to rust. The fact is they DID use parts bin drum brakes on the GMT900. The fact is their wheels ARE made in China. Take a tire off and read it for yourself... The fact is their bowtie emblems on the tailgates of the Silverado DO wash out from rain Very quickly. Even as brand new trucks with ZERO miles right on the dealer lots. Please, criticize everyone else who just said the same damn thing... Go ahead and make excuses and mock me all you want. Make fun of these guys too regarding the thin metal.. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119648

I love this this company FAR more than you kids ever will. That's why I call them out on their BS. I do not nor ever will apologize for their failures or shortcomings..

independent front suspensions are crap
IFS is NOT crap. IFS in the form GM uses it on HD trucks with torsion bars IS. There's a big difference. Why don't you specify what IFS set up you're talking about. I fully back IFS on 1500's. There's a damn good reason Ford and Dodge don't use torsion bars and half shafts on their HD's. And sales of both of those trucks tell the story. That's what HD guys want.

and GMC should be liquidated
Spin again. What are you, a commentator for MSNBC? I never once said that. All I Ever asked for is equality. Not for Anything to be liquidated.

You guys can continue to ignore what the vast majority of truck folks think and feel. Continue on in your GM bubble. I represent the REAL truck folks. Not some car club kids who have not a clue on what truck men want.

He's one of those that perpetually thinks that sky is falling and GM builds crap compared to the competition.
I just love how you ignore my praise for the Corvette, Camaro, Cruze, Enclave, Volt, Chevrolet Express van, ATS, CTS and the LaCrosse. I love how you ignore the fact I just agreed with Envoy I Want Ford to be third place. I love how you ignore my continual praise of Chevrolet powertrains and the new SBC. Facts don't matter to you though....

·
Super Moderator
20,911 Posts
So yeah, all the guys I work with who work on farms and own Silverados and Sierras have no idea about trucks. :rolleyes:

Guess we're not real "truck men." :lmao:

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
Has anyone recently been inside an F150 , and actually touched their amazingly high quality Bentley grade materials? The best interior in a truck available for sale today is in the upper trim level Dodge Rams in my opinion not the Ford trucks.

·
Banned
2,537 Posts
Guess we're not real "truck men."
Anyone working a field with torsion bars and a low frame is a fool. Farmers know this. You're limited on tire size in field ruts. Not only with the Wheelwell shape, but the half shaft angles allowed for warranty reasons. Make excuses all you want. I'd Love to build a truck right Next to you in a shop right on national television. From the frame up, from the individual pieces of the engine up, from the individual parts of the transmission up, from the bare axles up and all.

I only need sales to back me up. You cannot win this argument. If GM came out tomorrow with a tucked away frame and a SFA up front everyone would be thrilled. You too Germeezy1. You once commented on how you had SFA "Envy".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, you guys just continue making excuses for poor quality... The fact is Chevrolet's interiors ARE cheap compared to Ford's. The fact is Chevrolet's are NOT on anyone's radar in the offroad community because they don't have a SFA nor a Raptor or RamRunner competitor. The fact is Chevrolet's design is indeed very offputting to Many. The fact is Chevrolet uses Wax to coat their frames and it DOES come right off within a year or two allowing the frame to rust. The fact is they DID use parts bin drum brakes on the GMT900. The fact is their wheels ARE made in China. Take a tire off and read it for yourself... The fact is their bowtie emblems on the tailgates of the Silverado DO wash out from rain Very quickly. Even as brand new trucks with ZERO miles right on the dealer lots. Please, criticize everyone else who just said the same damn thing... Go ahead and make excuses and mock me all you want. Make fun of these guys too regarding the thin metal.. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119648

I love this this company FAR more than you kids ever will. That's why I call them out on their BS. I do not nor ever will apologize for their failures or shortcomings..

IFS is NOT crap. IFS in the form GM uses it on HD trucks with torsion bars IS. There's a big difference. Why don't you specify what IFS set up you're talking about. I fully back IFS on 1500's. There's a damn good reason Ford and Dodge don't use torsion bars and half shafts on their HD's. And sales of both of those trucks tell the story. That's what HD guys want.

Spin again. What are you, a commentator for MSNBC? I never once said that. All I Ever asked for is equality. Not for Anything to be liquidated.

You guys can continue to ignore what the vast majority of truck folks think and feel. Continue on in your GM bubble. I represent the REAL truck folks. Not some car club kids who have not a clue on what truck men want.

I just love how you ignore my praise for the Corvette, Camaro, Cruze, Enclave, Volt, Chevrolet Express van, ATS, CTS and the LaCrosse. I love how you ignore the fact I just agreed with Envoy I Want Ford to be third place. I love how you ignore my continual praise of Chevrolet powertrains and the new SBC. Facts don't matter to you though....
I wont argue the cheap interior but as far as the coating on the frame it seems to work for me just fine. I had a 99 silverado with 155k and still know the truck today with 240k on it and its all on there other then a few spots that have been scrapped off from hoists and who knows what else, also had an 04,08, and now a 2011 and have had no problems with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,040 Posts
You obviously haven't met Fan of Durant yet.
You don't have to meet Fan of Durant to not enjoy his rhetoric. This keeps my screen relatively spam free: "This message is hidden because FanOfDurant is on your ignore list." :D

Has anyone recently been inside an F150 , and actually touched their amazingly high quality Bentley grade materials? The best interior in a truck available for sale today is in the upper trim level Dodge Rams in my opinion not the Ford trucks.
Actually, I sat in all 3 US brands last week at an auto show. The F150 does feel like it has the best material quality (but not by much) followed by the Ram. The current GM trucks are still disappointing to me in that regard as well as rear seat comfort in the Crew Cabs.

1301 - 1320 of 1780 Posts