GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I see Inside Line has more CO testing video of the two trucks. Great to see, but I really call into question their launch dates. Mentioned late(Fall) 2013. Maybe someone else on here knows something different, but didn't we already get preliminary build dates? Also, why would there be so much attention(the recent articles on Diana Tremblay's tasks) on the change over and build out happening now for prep from 900's to K2's if launch was that far out? I'm calling BS on Fall. GM call ill afford to wait that long. Even if they drop at NAIAS the need is to build as soon as possible a quality competitor for Ram and F-series.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Barring any major Aztek-esque snafu, I will have a crew cab in the driveway next Spring, then! Now we're seeing more Tahoe shots as well, so hope the reveal is coming in Sept. Would imagine interior shots will start to surface as well.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Also interested in seeing the differentiation between the GMC and Chevy SUV's vs. trucks. Odd that we get a trucks spy shot only a few times since Nov, but we're already seeing SUV's twice in last week. Tells you how close development is between the two.

·
Registered
639 Posts
All those Comments are from the same person. Notice how they all have a First and Last Name without a space in between. :yup:
I visit that site as well, but it seems like each camp fanboy just insults the others. Each trucks have their merits, but I wish they'd(some, not all) lose the idiotic comments. I fully expect to see the old Calvin peeing on some other truck logo whenever I picture the responses there. Also, I have no idea how anyone, unless they've seen it uncovered in person, can make any statement about the "look" of these. They're heavily camo'd and many of the pieces aren't final production. Love coming here to discuss more openly and take constructive comments bout where other trucks have advantages. Now, let's get some more details to leak out to us!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Seriously, each generation of vehicle has their merits and detractors. Let's stop hashing over the issues currently or in '72, '87, '99, or '08. What matters is what GM decides to do to be as competitive as possible to be profitable with '14 and beyond. These trucks need to, and will improved, so let's focus on that...and what we are seeing and hearing.

With all of the above said, does anyone have any more news to report on this topic? It's been kinda dry lately, which I'm sure is contributing to some of the infighting.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm hearing the launch will see a 2-3 month delay from the original timeline. GM delayed a tooling investment to spread the costs around.
Ok, so just so I'm clear(and I understand things change often w/GM), we were looking at 4/29 SOP and now that's 2-3 months beyond that? Ugh! With this, the '13's aren't a short model run nor does this look good for GM's "stock up on '13's now during extended changeover" as it's just going to stagnate an already dated truck. They're already crazy on '12 rebates, so what's this going to do for the '13's? Just looks like they're late to the game with these seeing the competition and now that's extending. Adios to more market share!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wow...mid-2013 to get these out is a long time. I understand things are going on internally we can't see, but stagnant product(and it is folks, let's not fool ourselves) is not helping GM's market share. Ford/Chrysler/Toyota aren't top of the pile but this is the same truck I bought new as an '07. Only changes have been extremely minor(colors, interior cloth changes, Bluetooth, etc.), but no real noticeable extrior changes. GM: painting the lower bumper cover and a wheel change doesn't count as a "refresh" or "update".

Sorry for the rant everyone, just tired of waiting.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ok, so a tidbit thrown out there. Guess just frustration over the rollout and unveiling. I am still willing to wait another quarter to get a new truck but I have to be frank that it makes me worry about what GM has going on. Again, I don't mean to rant. Lead not follow is what should be happening and it seems as though they got caught with their pants down. Now we wait....

·
Registered
639 Posts
This is getting stupid! Everyone is waiting for the next-gen trucks but GM hasn't given us much to look forward to. I think the 2012 options they have now are worthless! You can only option out the current trucks with a 4.8L unless you're looking at LTZ, this is unacceptable compared to what the competition has. Please, GM, throw us a bone to keep us happy until the release. I don't want to put a blue oval in my driveway if I don't have to!
You can, and always have been able to get the 5.3 or 6.2 in in 1500 in all other forms outside of LTZ. Where did you get this erroneous info?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.