GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
VMAX..just out of curiosity. Did you consider a duramax with allison combo? I like the power, durability, mileage combo and am thinking about a new truck to replace my '02 sierra w/ 195k miles..Still runs great and I get 19-20mpg..just getting the itch for a new truck and want to wait for the "new" 2014MY, unless of course GM can realize they need to make a change sooner.

·
Registered
541 Posts
what kind of mileage do you get. I'm going to have to consider gas as well, since the price on the dmax/ally option is quite a bit to swallow, although I do need to make sure I can pull my 30' travel trailer up the mountains here in CO

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's some tid bits for ya, mostly good news. (I won't reveal my source or any specific info that would damage GM's competetive stance):

2014 trucks (release first quarter 2013)
New non-turbo V6 across the board (likely LFX), around 315 Hp
6 speed auto across the board, inc reg cabs, V6, etc
This will give class leading MPG..... (25+mpg??? Hint Hint)
4.8 liter a goner
Gen V V8's: 5.3 liter, 350hp, more efficiency (DI, gears, etc)
optional 6.2 liter, 425hp
*E-assist coming to trucks*
The best part: the Sierra looks PHENOMINAL and will blow people away, and doesnt look like a chevy, which will be the more "work truck" kinda feel and more "vanilla". Sorry Chevy guys. GM is aiming to increase GMC sales ALOT. Yukon/Tahoe is said to look several generations ahead of the current ones. Will also blow away competition.

Only thing I'm dissapointed with about the news is the low HP figure for the 5.3 liter. It needs to match the Ford 5.0.
So, let's come around full circle..Is the above timeline still agreed on?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Im getting more info saying the Sierra All terrain HD concept is not a "dead ringer" but pretty darn close. The fender flares were not that big. And it had all new side mirror design. But the grill was "very similar". Just passing this along
YESSS!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Indeed. Is it going to be unveiled at the 2013 NAIAS?
When is said show? and why can we see so much about stuff like the caddy ats, but we can't even sniff a look at a quality pic of a dareI say ,Sierra GMC All-Terrain?????? hello Detroit,,I am prepared to offer up a bottle of another great product of the USofA..Jack Daniels( watch the pics start flying in now)..:rant:

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey, if the new 6.2 can push 450hp and have good low end torque, I may be inclined to bag the diesel /allison and keep the extra $8k in my pocket. Now, if someone would just release the new 2500 Sierra HD pictures, I can start planning color/option combos for my next purchase ( hopefully late Q2 of 2013).:hooray:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's some tid bits for ya, mostly good news. (I won't reveal my source or any specific info that would damage GM's competetive stance):

2014 trucks (release first quarter 2013)
New non-turbo V6 across the board (likely LFX), around 315 Hp
6 speed auto across the board, inc reg cabs, V6, etc
This will give class leading MPG..... (25+mpg??? Hint Hint)
4.8 liter a goner
Gen V V8's: 5.3 liter, 350hp, more efficiency (DI, gears, etc)
optional 6.2 liter, 425hp
*E-assist coming to trucks*
The best part: the Sierra looks PHENOMINAL and will blow people away, and doesnt look like a chevy, which will be the more "work truck" kinda feel and more "vanilla". Sorry Chevy guys. GM is aiming to increase GMC sales ALOT. Yukon/Tahoe is said to look several generations ahead of the current ones. Will also blow away competition.

Only thing I'm dissapointed with about the news is the low HP figure for the 5.3 liter. It needs to match the Ford 5.0.
OK, in light of the upcoming NAIAS Silverado concept reveal...Can we get any new intel on this initial info...??:feedback:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Correct. The next generation Crew will give you an option of the 6.5" bed if you need one bigger than the current 5 8" that is standard now. I guarantee this as a fact.

As dealers we asked for a bigger option for towing 5th wheels and hauling ATVs, snowmobiles or other gear.

I've lost many sales to the F-150 over the years over this issue.
Family Truckster--have you scene the new Sierra or Chevy(which is said to be debuting at the upcoming show in Detroit??? also will this reveal of the new "concept" Silverado be HD or 1/2 ton?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I doubt the wheels on a test mule are the actual wheels that will be on the production version.
YES, Nsap did say that one of the new reveals on 1/9 at the NAIAS would be the Silverado..Honestly if that pickuptruck.com pic is accurate, it looks pretty boring to me, unless the disguise is really doing a great job..guess I'll have to wait for the Sierra reveal to have something more aggressive and appealing. just my.02

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't think there will be much of a change if any..the big change will be when the 900 is replaced by the K2XX( which can't be soon enough I might add)

·
Registered
541 Posts
BVonscott's original post and info confirmed by Mark Reuss himself - http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120109/OEM04/120109810

FOD will be heading for FORD country I guess.
Well, the news that they will go on sale next year is consistent as well as that the Sierra / Silverado will in fact look different..Now, if we could just get some timelines on when we will be able to see both models. Given that the Sierra seems to be now pushing to a much higher price point, sounds like I should turn to Chevy for a great looking, functional, solid truck with a great gen V gas engine...Seriously. Would you expect a mid-trim Sierra with Diesel / Allison to price less than $60k?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fan of Durant, i had no intention of starting a passionate fire under you, its certaintly taking my words a little far. My information is certaintly legit. The GMC line, as they are now, will be sold to the masses as more upscale. The difference will be that GMC will absolutely have a different look, finally. GM has been wanting to do this for years. But i can assure you that Chevy will not be "dumbed-down". The styling set for Chevy from what I understood is like a "tough work truck" for everyone, but with all the massive engineering upgrades expected for this next gen under the skin. Both brands will have a basic truck to sell to work users. Both will have off road capable versions. Both will have mid-grade well equipped levels. But GMC will have the luxury Denali line and the hardcore off road All Terrain brand. You'll be able to get your upper level leather chrome-ed out Chevy that competes head on with all upper versions of Fords save the king ranch, which is where Denali comes in to beat them. But please understand that even though Chevy will have a badass work truck/sport truck look and not a "new" style for trucks look, and will be less highly styled, doesnt mean they are all of a sudden gunna suck. I have no doubt you will be more than pleased with the Silverado.

Seriously go look at the last few years of GMC concepts and you'll get a picture of whats coming for them. While Chevy hasnt had those concepts, you can see the DNA forming. GMC will go angular and architecturally proffesional, whereas chevy will be smooth, bold, and sporty.

Ive had to visually interpret what was said but thats the gist of it.
Bvonscott and/or nsap et.al...Can any of the above, or the first post in this string be updated? Will the Sierra All-Terrain have for example, larger tires, custom rims?? will we be able to get an All-terrain and select engine, etc..

1 - 19 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.