GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Oh for the love of Pete, STOP! As was mentioned earlier, this thread is about the 2014 GM fullsize trucks. The title leaves a ton of room for sidetracking, but let's not. Germeezy & Andretti have their opinions, & have shown that neither is willing to just let the other person get the last word in. This is a textbook case of why the ignore feature exists on this forum. I use it to great extent.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
1)-The engineer in the photo of the interior spy shot was fired the same day. They nailed him based on the shirt he was wearing.

2)-Yeah, it's safe to assume the interior was production.
1)-OUCH!!
2)-Most of us on GMI figured so, but I personally liked it. The radio/info center drew the most criticism, but I wonder if that was for a lower trim model & if something 5 times better would have been used for LTZ/Denali models.

This goes to show that GM is sh!ttin' kittens worrying about the new trucks (as they should be). But remember, they are still trucks. If I bought one, I don't need a "dual ****pit design" or color matching accents or leather on the dashboard. Maybe a Denali, but even that is a bit overboard.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
The drama is that GM isn't instilling any confidence in the truck market. People need information to make purchasing decisions. Unless GM can make people feel confident about the future trucks, they will lose sales daily to Ford and Ram.
Part of that low customer confidence comes from GM pushing back the trucks' introductions. It was expected that GM would introduce them as part of the Texas State Fair last month, but GM put that idea out to pasture. After hearing about all that has happened after the dashboard spy photos got out, it seems that GM might be more worried than we originally thought. It's now to the point that I only really care about the updated engines. They will become crate engines soon after production starts & can be great replacements for people who are dissatisfied with the new trucks & decide to hold on to their older trucks.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I thought the Texas Fair was Later this month (late September - early October), not last month. I really thought they would be debuting at least a couple teaser models there.
I do have my dates wrong for the State Fair of Texas. It's Sept. 28-Oct. 21. I apologize for that mistake.

I bet that 99% of consumers don't know that GM has delayed their truck reveal a few months. Has there been any evidence of a delayed launch of the trucks?
Truckman, I have not seen an official announcement from GM about a delay. All this bull got started when word came out of the canceling of the current hybrid electric assist for the next Generation GM trucks. The next thing people start talking about the spy photo of the work truck interior, like that is the only Interior offered in the Silverado.
First off, I have read no "official" news from GM that the 2014 trucks were pushed back. However, with the information that insiders here have been talking about, the trucks are basically going through the final phases of testing, which should mean that the trucks are very close to production intent. After the interior spy photos were published, it was said by people who know, that the interior was sent back to the drawing board for some changes. Whether that means some minor tweaks or starting again from scratch, we don't know. And the "pushing back" of the trucks' debuts comes more from this article than anywhere else that I have read: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/07/where-will-the-new-silveradosierra-debut.html

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
In my opinion if the pics we saw were actually the final production dash then I can say without hesitation that GM has lost me as a customer.

I hope it was some propaganda dash to throw off the competition!
Some people have given GM a break by thinking it could have been a lower trim model of truck, so there would be no need for a large screen radio/nav. Plus, GM may not have used one since it's only a test truck. From my point of view, if I bought a truck with that look for the radio & I didn't like it, the aftermarket has ways to put whatever radio you want in place of the factory unit. As far the rest of the dash, I liked it. I didn't love it, but it would not have caused me to walk away from the purchase.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
With all of the threads about the new trucks, I couldn't remember if anyone actually had knowledge. I wasn't about to put someone else's neck on the line. I just pointed to what I could actually remember. However, if there was an official pushback (even if it was internal only), it shouldn't hurt the on sale date much if any at all. The display phase of the program got a noticeable delay. And Chevy can still sponsor the Texas State Fair, but they will continue to show the current model trucks.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I stand by the info I have been given, that the new trucks are supposed to have awesome exterior design and an amazing interior. I trust my source
Well, the rest of us only have spy photos to go by for what the interior & exterior looks like. So far, the spy photos make the Silverado look much like the current model (to my eyes). The current Silverado isn't the best Chevy has designed on appearance. However, the current Sierra is one of the best I've ever seen, so I'm keeping close eyes to all of this talk to see what the next Sierra will look like.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Without getting to crazy, how can you tell anything about the exterior down to details? A truck has certain specific design elements that make it a truck: bed and cab, the rest is all the way the metal sits on the frame and the sculpting. I have looked over every single shot we've seen so far and tell you without a shadow of a doubt this: it will have a bed and a cab. The rest we won't be able to really say is similar or huge change until you see the production truck. Trim, fascias, badging, wheels, colors, etc all influence our opinions so I'm not sure we can say much right now.
The truck mules have had to have cooling, so the fronts haven't been totally camouflaged. The pictures I've seen seem to look very similar to the current trucks (Chevy trucks). The grilles have looked similar to the HDs. They could be testing engines & cooling systems with the current trucks & could camouflage them just to throw photographers a curve ball. I'll agree that GM is doing their best job of keeping products under cover.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I sure hope they at least have a couple teaser models on display in Texas later this month. I was planning to make a trip down to check them out, I guess I will put a hold on those plans till I can make sure there is somthing new see.

You can sometimes find a dealer that special orders trucks in unique colors
here is green 2012 Silverado.

View attachment 11635
I agree with holding off until you know if any idea of the 2014s are at the fair. And, that green doesn't look too bad. That's a color that could use some metallic in it.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I heard that as well. But, some journalists don't have anything better to do, so they make up some panic story & publish it. Then the easily manipulated customers think that the "squid hit the fan", if you know what I mean. :D

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
If they're dropping the 6.2L, you'd be the first to say it. But, who on the other forum is your source? NSAP & Bvon are pretty tied into the reliable details & neither of them have said that the 6.2 is out of the trucks.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
theres a thread similar to this one over there too....i dont know who he is, could be making it up, could not be.
has it been confirmed either way that the 6.2 will carry through?
Nothing confirmed here, but if the 5.3L doesn't reach 400 HP, it's assumed that the 6.2L would carry over.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I saw new spy pics on Pickuptrucks.com today too.

It's hard to be sure with the wrap on, but does the extended cab have separate rear doors like the Ram pickups?? Looks like a door handle bulge in the wrap.
I thought about suggesting a news article about it. However, considering the last Silverado was more luxury than sport, I couldn't bring myself to get excited. The next discrepancy is that GM has used that exact same 20" tire size for newer trucks after the SS stopped production, so no guarantee that it's a performance model. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but a Silverado SS wouldn't be a real SS. In other news, it has been stated that GM is going to forward hinged doors for the extended cab models.

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
disagree. a slightly lowered (to remove the stock rake) reg cab silvy with the LS7, LSA, or LS9 would most definitely be an ss.
My reference was to the most recent Silverado SS, which if the article turns out to be true, will be another extended cab, AWD, luxury cruiser, not a boulevard bruiser. Plus, if they put any of the engines that you listed into a regular cab truck, wouldn't you prefer that it adopt a different name than SS? Silverado T06 (Z06) or TL1 (ZL1)?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.