GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Oct 24th 2008 2:27PM
by Damon Lavrinc

We've already seen video of the General's in-house tuning team ripping apart a few pre-production models in preparation for the big day, and Chevrolet has released a teaser sketch of the first bespoke Camaro, tentatively dubbed "Black." Details are scarce, but the list of modifications range from a new front lip spoiler, bigger exhaust tips, five-spoke wheels and a pair of red-lit halo headlamps. Stay tuned next week for more.

Source: GM via Autoblog

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
One of the few GM products that will be in high demand when released. I hope GM milks it for all its worth.
I think GM needs to be careful not to over-market the car--it could easily lose it's luster if it winds up being shown everywhere (with tacky mods especially). Just imagine owning one and seeing another one just like yours everywhere you look too.

·
Premium Member
5,527 Posts
Yeah this design is going to get stale, the 69 has been out for 39 years now and NOBODY wants one of those anymore. If i hadn't taken such a huge hit on my house i would have been in to pre-order.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I think GM needs to be careful not to over-market the car--it could easily lose it's luster if it winds up being shown everywhere (with tacky mods especially). Just imagine owning one and seeing another one just like yours everywhere you look too.
So it would be like the Mustang....how is that a bad thing for GM?

As for thtis Camaro 'Black' :dro:

·
Registered
257 Posts

really? that formula seems to work for the Mustang. If you see one that looks like yours, be happy that means the cars a success. dont expect exclusivity in a camaro, im sure i'll be seeing quite a few on the road soon. the more the better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts