GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Was on J-body.org site last night because it was mentioned on the site for a couple of weeks that they would have pics posted from SEMA Show 2003 on November 5. Well they kept up to there promise and the pics are up.

http://www.j-body.org/gallery/gallery.php?...&sdir=Wednesday

There are many pics up, like the Pontiac GTO Autocross, Malibu Xtreme, Aveo Xtreme, Saturn Ino Redline with an interior shot with finally a fairly nice looking streering wheel and many photos of the cars inside and out at the convention. Check back often because J-body.org addes more stuff. For example, last night on the Thursday section there was only two pages up, now there is a third page.

Plus, I would click on the "preview" link above the "Wednesday" link. It shows all the Ecotec engines that are and will be in the GM line up.
(Engines on second page of preview link)

http://www.j-body.org/gallery/gallery.php?...t=&sdir=preview

IE: Ecotec SC 2004 2.0L I-4 (LSJ), Ecotec Turbo (Saab) 2004 2.0L I-4, Ecotec 2004 2.2L I-4 (L61), And the new Ecotec that will be in the 2005 Chevy Cobalt [Ecotec 2.4L VVT 2005 2.4L I-4 (LE5)]

Here is the picture of the Ecotec 2.4L VVT



:type:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
now that's what i call a 4banger. now all it needs is direct injection, titanium valves, forged everything, and 14-71 blower and we're in business :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear that mackingu, now just need pictures of the 2005 Chevy Cobalt inside and out. And some more details about the car wouldn't hurt either :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Yeah, I'm hoping that the Cobalt doesn't get a friggin' center stack speedo like the ION and Scions.... <_<
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,963 Posts
WHOA.. that CD article on the GTO... look what it says..
Pontiac showed five concepts within the Autocross theme - Grand Prix, Grand Am, Vibe, GTO, and Sunfire. Claimed to retain enough civility to provide normal commuting capability, the cars were upgraded with performance parts relevant to autocross events, where handling is as important as straight-ahead power. The GTO Autocross pictured here is powered by the LS1 5.7-liter engine, but uses camshafts and heads from the LS6 engine to boost horsepower to 400. Accessories on the show car—available in fall 2004 at GM dealers—include front and rear fascia extensions, rocker panels, a rear spoiler with integrated CHMSL, and a symmetrical dual exhaust. Eighteen-inch wheels are wrapped with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD performance tires, while custom rotors and calipers by Stainless Steel Brakes improve stopping power. Inside, there are machine-drilled aluminum pedals, a color-coordinated sport gauge package, and satin nickel appointments
so... you can order the dual exhaust stuff to make it look like true duals insteand of having true duals and having it look like a sedan along with 18's and tires! I would give that all up just to get the option of the allmighty LS6! Mids 12's, awesome interior... awesome v8 rumble.. ah you gotta love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the Cobalt will get the same interior treatment as the Ion. I believe the Cobalt interior will be a blend and/or combination of the next Opel Astra...

...shown here....



...too the '04 Subaru WRX STI shown here...



Of course this is just wishful thinking on my part :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@Nov 8 2003, 08:06 AM
WHOA.. that CD article on the GTO... look what it says..
Pontiac showed five concepts within the Autocross theme - Grand Prix, Grand Am, Vibe, GTO, and Sunfire. Claimed to retain enough civility to provide normal commuting capability, the cars were upgraded with performance parts relevant to autocross events, where handling is as important as straight-ahead power. The GTO Autocross pictured here is powered by the LS1 5.7-liter engine, but uses camshafts and heads from the LS6 engine to boost horsepower to 400. Accessories on the show car—available in fall 2004 at GM dealers—include front and rear fascia extensions, rocker panels, a rear spoiler with integrated CHMSL, and a symmetrical dual exhaust. Eighteen-inch wheels are wrapped with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD performance tires, while custom rotors and calipers by Stainless Steel Brakes improve stopping power. Inside, there are machine-drilled aluminum pedals, a color-coordinated sport gauge package, and satin nickel appointments
so... you can order the dual exhaust stuff to make it look like true duals insteand of having true duals and having it look like a sedan along with 18's and tires! I would give that all up just to get the option of the allmighty LS6! Mids 12's, awesome interior... awesome v8 rumble.. ah you gotta love it.
you can't have true dual exhuasts on an inline engine. they only have one header :rolleyes:

BTW, centre IPs are the best and if you think differently, you suck :D just my humble opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Hey, now! you can have true duals on a two cylinder, regardless of configuration! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Nov 8 2003, 06:20 PM
Hey, now! you can have true duals on a two cylinder, regardless of configuration! :D
technically, you can have true duals on any type of engine, but the I4s produced by GM only have one header. therefore, no true duals on them :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu+Nov 8 2003, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mackingu @ Nov 8 2003, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@Nov 8 2003, 08:06 AM
WHOA.. that CD article on the GTO... look what it says..
Pontiac showed five concepts within the Autocross theme - Grand Prix, Grand Am, Vibe, GTO, and Sunfire. Claimed to retain enough civility to provide normal commuting capability, the cars were upgraded with performance parts relevant to autocross events, where handling is as important as straight-ahead power. The GTO Autocross pictured here is powered by the LS1 5.7-liter engine, but uses camshafts and heads from the LS6 engine to boost horsepower to 400. Accessories on the show car—available in fall 2004 at GM dealers—include front and rear fascia extensions, rocker panels, a rear spoiler with integrated CHMSL, and a symmetrical dual exhaust. Eighteen-inch wheels are wrapped with BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD performance tires, while custom rotors and calipers by Stainless Steel Brakes improve stopping power. Inside, there are machine-drilled aluminum pedals, a color-coordinated sport gauge package, and satin nickel appointments
so... you can order the dual exhaust stuff to make it look like true duals insteand of having true duals and having it look like a sedan along with 18's and tires! I would give that all up just to get the option of the allmighty LS6! Mids 12's, awesome interior... awesome v8 rumble.. ah you gotta love it.
you can't have true dual exhuasts on an inline engine. they only have one header :rolleyes:

BTW, centre IPs are the best and if you think differently, you suck :D just my humble opinion. [/b][/quote]
what... the... FAWK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN!!


Where the hell did I say inline engines? Im talking about the GTO!! BAH! You are no help! WTF? Inline? the LS6 is a 405hp 5.7L 346ci gen III V-8. Where does it say Inline engine? And you can have dual exhaust on an inline engine... why cant this happen? Only one header reason eh?

And whats all this talk about center IP's? I think you quoted the wrong post?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
i mentioned the centre IP in reference to a post by mason.

if you have a single header on an inline engine, as i believe no one would be stupid enough to make a 2-1 header, than require two of them to be installed on your car, your only option is to use a 4-2-1 or a 4-3-2-1 header on your inline engine. when it combines into one pipe, the catalyst converter is installed, than a Y-pipe is added. that's how you make "fake" dual exhausts. an example of this is on the sunfire i believe. true duals have two headers [like on a V6/8] with a cat on each end, THEN they connect by means of an X-pipe or something else.

BTW, i thought you were talking about the sunfire and not the GTO. my bad. besides, who said that the GTO didn't already come with true duals? i believe, instead of being placed on opposite sides of each other, that each exhuast pipe, exists on the same side.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by KnightHawk@Nov 8 2003, 03:59 AM
I don't think the Cobalt will get the same interior treatment as the Ion. I believe the Cobalt interior will be a blend and/or combination of the next Opel Astra...

...shown here....

I sure hope you are right, but compare the Opel Vectra to the Malibu interior... :( I doubt black and silver will be an option -- we'll get Gray and Beige. <_<

If the Cobalt interior looks this good, I will buy one. GM SHOULD do it, but Mr. Beancounter probably won't allow it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yah you're probably right that Mr. Beancounter won't allow it with that much aluminum in it . But maybe a bit of aluminum or carbon fiber option would be great. Now I just hope Chevrolet can have some Opel Astra & Subaru WRX STI design elements in the Cobalt. Hopefully there won't be a beige colour option :angry:

I wonder what Pontiac will do with the Pursuit's interior? :unsure:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top