GM Inside News Forum banner

SEMA 2008: 2010 Camaro BLACK Preview!

14K views 43 replies 30 participants last post by  RamJet502 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SEMA 2008: 2010 Camaro BLACK Preview!
SEMA Preview: Chevrolet Camaro "Black"
Posted Oct 24th 2008 2:27PM by Damon Lavrinc

Click on picture for link to Autoblog​

One of the stars of this year's SEMA show is the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro and General Motors has every intention of creating even more buzz (really, more?) with a handful of customized pony cars.

We've already seen video of the General's in-house tuning team ripping apart a few pre-production models in preparation for the big day, and Chevrolet has released a teaser sketch of the first bespoke Camaro, tentatively dubbed "Black."

See less See more
#9 ·
Looks as mean as Darth Vader. Can't wait to see all the SEMA Camaro's, they'll
certainly be one of the hits of the show.

#14 ·
I looks great from what we can see!!!! ... are these going to be parts one can order through the dealer?

#19 ·
Yes, everything you see there will be available through your dealer from GM Performance Parts.
And if you notice...there is no scoop in the nose, so this could be a V6 car. If you also watch the video clips, you can see them taking off the smaller disk brake system for a larger brake upgrade.
But then again, the video shows a Gen IV V8 being pulled out from under the car...
We can hope to see cold air intakes, cat back set ups, wheels, as well as different grill treatments, ground fx, etc etc to personalize your Camaro.

#17 ·
I agree with escaladelover, this should have been KITT. Not some boring Mustang that has been overworked like every other tuner mustang on the market. I like the show..but when it comes to the scenes with the car, i tend to change the channel.

#23 ·
Still can't buy one - still just as boring and dull to look at as it was three or so years ago. Only now it is just another shining example of the problems with GM - too late for the market - too thirsty for the market - and a limited volume vehicle at a time when GM needs VOLUME and PROFIT!

I'm not complaining. I'm just laughing.

#29 ·
Yeah, that's pretty much what they've been saying. Even though the auto is down 22 hp and has the AFM cam, it is still quicker than the manual. This isn't the first case where that seems to be happening either, as the CTS-V set its record lap around the Nurburgring not with a 6-speed manual, but the 6-speed automatic for smoothness. I predict in the future, as more and more cars are turbocharged, that automatics and clutchless manuals (like DSG, PDK, etc.) will be the go-fast shifters of choice. Porsche already had a quicker 911 Turbo with the auto, then they ditched that entirely, and are switching over to PDK, with manual being the only other option.

#33 ·
Red headlights?? Ridiculous. I haven't heard of a state that allows red lights on the front of a car. By statute, only white or yellow are allowed for the front, and red and yellow for the rear plus white for back up lights only.

As for the 400HP auto-equipped SS being faster to 60 than the 422HP stick model, I'll believe that when a reputable magazine posts it. The only thing that would help me believe that is if the trip from 0-60 requires a shift to 3rd, which would slow it down, but again, I'll believe it when I read it from a pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.